Which foods are good sources of iron
Foods that are good sources of Iron include liver, beef, pork, lamb, salmon, cereals, and beans. Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron, so it is helpful to pair these foods with items high in Vitamin C, like orange juice. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/which-foods-are-good-sources-of-iron ]
More Answers to “Which foods are good sources of iron“
- sadly, most of the one’s people don’t like! dark green veg, spring greens/spinach in particular dark red meat, liver, kidneys, beef +tinned sardines cashew nuts, baked beans and boiled eggs lots of cereals are fortified with iron, usually…
- Discuss this Article 2 I am a strict vegetarian and recently found out that I am anemic. I also recently learned that although I am eating a wide variety of vegatables, legumes, nuts, fruits and grains, if I do not cook my grains for at l…
- Meat is the richest source, and the darker the meat, the more iron it contains. Liver tops the list at nearly 6 mg per 3-ounce serving; a similar cut of sirloin will give you 3 mg, a burger, 2 mg, a chicken breast, 1 mg. Greens, grains, and…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are some foods to eat with good sources of iron?
- Q: i have iron deficiency and was prescribed 300 mg iron supplement pills to take for 2 months. my doc said i should change my diet. what are some good sources of iron in foods?
- A: here you go:http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/dietary_sources_iron.html
- What foods are good sources of iron?
- A: Collard greensCream of wheatBeef, Pork, Lamb Liver, Tofu, Barley, Fish: Tuna PotatoSalmon, Shrimp, Tuna, Oysters, Clams, and most kinds of seafoodLima Beans, Kidney Beans, Navy Beans, Soy Beans, Chick Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Eye Beans Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame, Tahini Dried Fruits: Apricots, Rasins, Dates – Prunes, Figs Turkey, Chicken, Egg Yolks
- What foods are the best sources of iron in your diet?
- Q: I read an article saying IRON is needed for healthy hair growth. What food has iron in it besides beef?
- A: Dark green leafy vegatables like spinach and broccoli also raisins, red meat and calves liver are highest in iron content. Consumption of caffeine beverages can deplete your iron levels so try not to drink too much tea, coffee, Red Bull, etc.