Is 5 gum as bad for you as cigarettes
There is a link between tobacco and heart disease, stroke, emphysema, and cancer (especially lung and throat cancers), but chewing gum will not harm you. Thanks, Cha Cha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-5-gum-as-bad-for-you-as-cigarettes ]
More Answers to “Is 5 gum as bad for you as cigarettes“
- Is 5 gum as bad for you as cigarettes
- There is a link between tobacco and heart disease, stroke, emphysema, and cancer (especially lung and throat cancers), but chewing gum will not harm you. Thanks, Cha Cha on!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What’s wrong with you idiots?
- Q: How can you call yourself a good parent when you try to kill your kid everyday? that’s right, i’m targeting cigarettes. All the time i see parents with 8 year olds, 5 year olds, hell i’ve even seen little babies who do’nt even look to be over 2 years old, in the backseat while mommy’s puffing away at a cigarrete in the front of the car, here are the problems with this:1. The kid has no choice but to sit in the back, windows rolled up because it’s cold, no other way to go anywhere, but to breathe in that smoke.2. This is putting the kid at risk for cancer and other diseases, not to mention problems breathing when he’s around middle school and up.3. This risks the parent of dying and breaking the kid’s heart.4. distraction from the road, could crash and burn.5. Infants people, they don’t even KNOW they’re being hurt for God’s sake.6. isn’t that against the law now in many states? if not, it should be. in fact cigarettes should be just as illegal as marijuana, cigarettes kill a LOT more people than that illegal crap.and i’ve seen little kids who’s parents smoke imitate them, pick up a candy cane, puff away and say “i’m smoking” i told one “no, that’s bad, you dno’t want to smoke” they say “mommy smokes”. that really ticks me off, come on parents, these are your kids, if you really care about them, put it out, quit, nicorette gum, i don’t care, just stop smoking!are you green, smoking puts harmful greenhouse gas in the air.it hurts people you dno’t know, smoking in a restaraunt or outside wal-mart? people walk past, they don’t know you, they don’t like the smoke, don’t force them to eat fast-food to go when they want to go to a nice breakfast place with the family and have a family breakfast.and wtf, if a smoker hates the smell of other people’s smoke, why the crap do they smoke?bottom line STOP SMOKING, it’s rude, inconsiderate, deadly, stupid, i could go on for hours.fun facts:Each year about 443,000 people in the United States die from illnesses related to cigarette smoking. Cigarettes kill more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined. Cigarettes are responsible for ~11 types of cancer.it can kill babies before they’re born.Erectile dysfunction can be caused by smoking.smoking puts nicotine in your blood, babies blood comes from the mother’s blood in pregnant women. 2+2=4.it causes many other problems in everyday life, such as fatigue, bronchitus (spelling), unhealthy weight loss, trouble breathing, coughing up blood, loss of apetite, and many more.There are ~4000 deadly, toxic, cancer-causing, and/or illness-causing chemicals in every cigarette. some are chemicals also used in: antifreeze, urine, sweat, animal repellent, pesticides, and so many things that would kill you if a lot of it got into your body.those who say how hard it is to quit: yes, it’s hard, but use will, anti-smoking programs and gum, it’s possible, i know people who’ve done it.don’t start in the first place and you won’t have the problem anyway, think about [email protected] hitler: hmmm, can’t talk without a machine? WONDER WHY? yuo’ll be dead in a [email protected] first guy: rofl that’s hilariousok i’m adding too many details, i can’t reply to everyone who posts something funny in agreement or something retarded against what i say, if you think what i say is bull, then we’ll see who’s laughing when you die in a few years at ago 34 while i live long past 70, lawlpwnt.i can’t help myself but lmao at the guy who said “city bus puts out more pollutants then my cigs” well, goody for that bus, and this covers up the fact that that’s just additional crap, not a replacement, how? it’s like saying “all the alcohol i drink hurts me more than this cigarette” well, that just means you have somehting worse then smoking AND smoking, your killing yourself twice, have fun
- A: With a crappy attitude like yours, it is no wonder you wish to remain anonymous. Doc Hudson
- are you old???
- Q: DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN…? All the girls had ugly gym uniforms? It took five minutes for the TV warm up? Nearly everyone’s Mom was at home when the kids got home from school? Nobody owned a purebred dog? When a quarter was a decent allowance? You’d reach into a muddy gutter for a penny? Your Mom wore nylons that came in two pieces? All your male teachers wore neckties and female teachers had their hair done every day and wore high heels? You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped, without asking, all for free, every time? And you didn’t pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot? Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box? It was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real restaurant with your parents? They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. . and they did? When a 57 Chevy was everyone’s dream car…to cruise, peel out, lay rubber or watch submarine races, and people went steady? No one ever asked where the car keys were because they were always in the car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked? Lying on your back in the grass with your friends and saying things like, “That cloud looks like a “and playing baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game? Stuff from the store came without safety caps and hermetic seals because no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger? And with all our progress, don’t you just wish, just once, you could slip back in time and savor the slower pace,and share it with the children of today? When being sent to the principal’s office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited the student at home? Basically we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn’t because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! But we survived because their love was greater than the threat. who can still remember Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Laurel and Hardy, Howdy Dowdy and the Peanut Gallery, the Lone Ranger, The Shadow Knows, Nellie Bell, Roy and Dale, Trigger and Buttermilk. As well as summers filled with bike rides, baseball games, Hula Hoops, bowling and visits to the pool, and eating Kool-Aid powder with sugar. Didn’t that feel good, just to go back and say, “Yeah, I remember that”? To remember what a double dog dare is, read on. And remember that the perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better and too young to care. How many of these do you remember?Candy cigarettes Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers Newsreels before the movie P.F. Fliers Telephone numbers with a word prefix…(Raymond 4-601). Party lines Peashooters Howdy Dowdy 45 RPM records Green Stamps Hi-Fi’s Metal ice cubes trays with levers Mimeograph paper Beanie and Cecil Roller-skate keys Cork pop guns Drive ins StudebakersWashtub wringers The Fuller Brush Man Reel-To-Reel tape recorders Tinkertoys Erector Sets The Fort Apache Play Set Lincoln Logs 15 cent McDonald hamburgers5 cent packs of baseball cards – with that awful pink slab of bubble gum Penny candy 35 cent a gallon gasoline Jiffy Pop popcorn Do you remember a time when… Decisions were made by going “eeny-meeny-miney-moe”? Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, “Do Over!”? “Race issue” meant arguing about who ran the fastest? Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening? It wasn’t odd to have two or three “Best Friends”? The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was “cooties”? Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot? A foot of snow was a dream come true? Saturday morning cartoons weren’t 30-minute commercials for action figures? “Oly-oly-oxen-free” made perfect sense? Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for giggles? The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team? War was a card game? Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle? Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin? Water balloons were the ultimate weapon? If you can remember most or all of these, then you have lived!!!!!!!
- A: Oh yes ,you took me “back in the day”Loved it!If only we could go back.
- The Yahoo Answers A-Z Dictionary, Must Have a Look ! ( Editing is Allowed )?
- Q: ~~~~~~~~~~A~~~~~~~~~~Abdicate, v.: To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.Adolescence : 1) A time in a kid’s life when parents become dificult. Ryan O’Neal 2) The period when a teenager feels he will never be as dumb as his parents. Adult: Person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.~~~~~~~~~~B~~~~~~~~~~Baby : A loud voice at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. Ronald KnoxBeauty : The power with which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a husband.Birth control: Avoiding pregnancy through such tactics as swallowing special pills, inserting a diaphragm, using a condom, and dating repulsive men, or spending time around children.~~~~~~~~~~C~~~~~~~~~~Cat: 1) Unique mammal that keeps humans as slaves. 2) Pygmy lion who love mice, hates dogs and patronizes humans. Oliver HerfordCelebrity: 1) One who is known by many people he is glad he didn’t know. H.L. Mencken 2) A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. Fred AllenCigarette: A pinch of tobacco rolled in paper with fire at one end and a fool at the other.~~~~~~~~~~D~~~~~~~~~~Date: an organized meeting with someone who has yet to realize their intense dislike for youDating: General: The process of spending enormous amounts of money, time and energy to get better acquainted with a person whom you don’t especially like in the present and will learn to like a lot less in the future. For males: trying to have sex. For women: trying to find a rich prince to marry.Divorce: 1) future tense of marriage. 2) Postgraduate in school of love. 3) An extra difficult time at the end of a couple’s married life where they are forced to deal with bad feelings, bad lawyers, and everyone wanting more money. 4) America’s great contribution to marriage. Edward Fawcett~~~~~~~~~~E~~~~~~~~~~Easy: 1) Term used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man. 2) Any type of automated equipment, until it fails.3) P&S Etc.: Sign used to make others believe that you know more than you really do.Experience: 1) Revelation in the light of which we renounce our errors of youth for those of age. Ambrose Bierce 2) The name men give to their mistakes. 3) Not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him. Aldous Huxley 4) That marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. F. P. Jones 5) The wisdom that enables us to recognise in an undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced. Ambrose Bierce~~~~~~~~~~F~~~~~~~~~~Frisbeetarianism, n.: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. Flying: Learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Douglas Adams Fork: an instrument used chiefly for the purpose of putting dead animals into the mouth. Ambrose Bierce~~~~~~~~~~G~~~~~~~~~~God: 1) Being whose only definition is that he is beyond man’s power to conceive. Ayn Rand 2) All-compassionate and all-powerful being who appears to enjoy a world full of suffering. Rudyh Gum: Adhesive for the hair. Predecessor of hair-gel.Garbage can: Container for dogs, put out once a week to test their ingenuity. They must stand on their hind legs and try to push the lid off with their nose. However, pushing the whole thing over usually makes the contents more easily accessible. When done right, they are rewarded with margarine wrappers to shred, beef bones to consume and moldy crusts of bread.~~~~~~~~~~H~~~~~~~~~~Hangover: The Wrath of Grapes.Hell: 1) The highest reward that the devil can offer you for being his servant. 2) Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese house, and an American wife. James H. Kabbler III.Hen: An egg’s way of making another egg. Samuel Butler~~~~~~~~~~I~~~~~~~~~~Impotence: Nature’s way of saying “No hard feelings” Instant credit: Instant debtIntellectual: One who always contributes more heat than light to a discussion. 2) A person who has discovered something more interesting than sex. Aldous Huxley~~~~~~~~~~J~~~~~~~~~~Job: A place where you work just hard enought to avoid getting fired while getting paid just enough to avoid quitting. DaffyJoe HeuerJury: (American) Twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer. Robert Frost Justice: A decision in your favor. Harry Kaufman~~~~~~~~~~K~~~~~~~~~~Keyboard: 1) The standard way to generate computer errors. 2) Important committee Kissing: Means of getting two people so close together that they can’t see anything wrong with each other. Works the opposite way between teenagers and parents.Kleptomaniac: Someone who helps himself because he can’t help himself. ~~~~~~~~~~L~~~~~~~~~~Laziness: The habit o~~~~~~~~~~L~~~~~~~~~~Laziness: The habit of resting before you get tired. Jules RenardLegend: A lie that has attained the dignity of age. H.L. MenckenLipstick: Non-sticking coloring for the lips to enhance the beauty of your mouth. Found on his collar, mouth coloring only a tramp would wear.~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~~~~~Mafia: Paperless Government, invented by Italians. RudyhMale, n.: A member of the unconsidered, or negligible sex. Ambrose BierceMarriage: 1)A wonderful institution, but who would want to live in an institution? Henry L Mencken 2) The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress, and two slaves, making in all, two. Ambrose Bierce 3) The process of finding out what type of person your spouse would prefer. DaffyJoe Heuer 4) Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; the trouble starts when they try to decide which one. 5) A three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering. 6) The alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them. Ogden Nash~~~~~~~~~~N~~~~~~~~~~Nail polish: Part of an assortment of make-up items such as lipstick, eyeliner, blush etc., which ironically make moms look better while making her young daughter look “like a tramp.”Noise, n.: Stench in the ear. Undomesticated music. The chief product and authenticating sign of civilization. Ambrose BierceNominal fee: Outrageous charge.~~~~~~~~~~O~~~~~~~~~~Optimist: 1) A person who, while falling from Eiffel tower, says in midway “see, I am not injured yet.” 2) A person who lacks experience or suffers from amnesia. 3) Unborn pessimist. 4) A proponent of the doctrine that black is white. Ambrose Bierce 5) Someone who tells you to cheer up when things are going his way.Ow: The first word spoken by children with older siblings.Outdo, v. t.: To make an enemy. Ambrose Bierce~~~~~~~~~~P~~~~~~~~~~Panties: The last defense on the front lines of desire.Parents: People production units.Pocket: A hands-free bag worn with one’s clothes.~~~~~~~~~~Q~~~~~~~~~~Queen, n.: Woman by whom the realm is ruled when there is aking, and by whom it is ruled when there is not.Quiet: A state of household serenity which occurs before the birth of the first child and occurs again after the last child has left for college.~~~~~~~~~~R~~~~~~~~~~Reality: Natural phenomenon sometimes occurring to people who can’t handle drugs or alcohol. RudyhRiches: The savings of many in the hands of one. Eugene DebsRiot, n.: A popular entertainment given to the military by innocent bystanders. Ambrose Bierce~~~~~~~~~~S~~~~~~~~~~Sex: 1) Activity of a mouse to become mice. 2) Activity of men to cause happiness, and of women to cause child-laborSuicide: The sincerest form of self-criticism.Swimming pool: A mob of people with water in it.~~~~~~~~~~T~~~~~~~~~~Tattoo: Permanent proof of temporary insanity.Telephone, n.: An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance. Ambrose BierceTesticle: a humorous question on a medical exam.~~~~~~~~~~U~~~~~~~~~~Urine: 1) Opposite of “you’re out”. 2) Yellow liquid secreted by men after drinking too much beer.~~~~~~~~~~V~~~~~~~~~~Vegetarian, n.: Old indian word for bad hunter.Verdict, n.: Formal decision rendered by the jury or judge in a trial based on which of the lawyers’ lies seemed the most credible.Violence, n.: Last resort of the incompetent. Isaac Asimov~~~~~~~~~~W~~~~~~~~~~Weed: an unloved flower. Sherita MasonWord: word for a word. RudyhWork: 1)The curse of the drinking classes. Oscar Wilde 2) Disgusting interruption of holidays and sleep periods.~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~X: Abstract phenomenon that math teachers are apparently incapable of figuring out, but students are supposed to know. RudyhXcy: Short for sexyXtacy : Human basic necessity.~~~~~~~~~~Y~~~~~~~~~~Yawn: 1) An honest opinion openly expressed. 2) The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth.Year, n.: A period of three hundred and sixty-five disappointments. Ambrose BierceYogis: Sex addicted skinny granola crunchers who believe that if you can tie your body into a knot you will reach enlightenment through extended orgasms.Youth: The best time to be rich, and the best time to be poor.Euripides~~~~~~~~~~Z~~~~~~~~~~Zebra: Ze cloth which covers ze breasts of vimmenZucchini: Vegetable which can be baked, boiled, fried or steamed before kids refuse to eat it.That took a lot of time.Please share your intellect.cares~fiazio
- A: Jack-hammer: contrary to popular belief, NOT the way to a woman’s heart…although you may end up with brains splattered against your headboard…not saying whose they belong to, though…