What causes clubbed thumb
A clubbed thumb can be caused by a number of diseases mostly of the heart and lungs. Idiopathic clubbing can also occur. This is also known as Hippocratic fingers. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-clubbed-thumb ]
More Answers to “What causes clubbed thumb“
- What causes clubbed thumbs?
- It’s genetically inherited, recessively I believe. Meaning that although no one shows clubbed thumbs physically they have a recessive gene which you acquired both of to produce the physical effect of the clubbed thumb.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What causes clubbed thumbs?
- Q: Both of my thumbs are clubbed. Does anybody know why? I read that it was hereditary, but nobody I know of in my family has clubbed thumbs. I also read it was a sign of a descendant of royalty, as European royalty often inbred to keep the bloodline pure. Clubbed thumbs were a genetic dysfunction of this. I’m not ashamed of them at all… in fact, me and my friends have become fond of calling them “thoes”, because they look an awful lot like toes. Thanks for answering!
- A: It’s genetically inherited, recessively I believe. Meaning that although no one shows clubbed thumbs physically they have a recessive gene which you acquired both of to produce the physical effect of the clubbed thumb.
- Why do I only have one clubbed thumb?
- Q: My brother and I both have what is called a clubbed thumb, only he has 2 and I only have 1. This runs in my family as my aunt has 2 clubbed thumbs. A clubbed thumb is simply a shorter thumb with a wide, short nail bed.I’d like to know what causes this to occur in one’s genetics and how its possible that I only have 1 clubbed thumb. My other thumb is long and slender, matching my fingers.I just want some input and I’d also like to hear about anyone else who has this kind of thumb.
- A: My daughter has one clubbed thumb, it looks like a big toe. She does her nails, that one too, puts those little diamond things on it, jokes about it, loves it because it’s part of who she is.
- The ‘elite club’….shall we just quit?
- Q: I do apologise that this is a bit of an essay!!I thought I would apply but a few comments in other questions kinda caught my eye. Instead of editing my original answer, I thought I would post my application =)I am not bitter what so ever. I answered the previous question in that manner because I am sure, like yourself, I am totally sick and tired of the constant unnecessary CE drama. Unless some of you just don’t want to see it for yourself and simply do not care, certain people here seem to be ABOVE the rules and a lot of us are sick and tired of that, myself included.Now as already explained, we can all of course either get involved or simply ignore it. In the past I chose to ignore it, although sometimes I still chose to offer my support for certain regulars here, only to find out later that in doing so, not only I lacked all the facts at the time, but as a result of my action, a descent person got the flack for the whole entire drama. Needless to say that I felt pretty aweful, despite the fact that my contribution was rather small. Lesson learnt.As regards the witch hunts go and for whatever reasons I never thought i’d fall victim to something I simply decided to post in a lighthearted manner without any malice intended. Like many of you this isn’t the only site or blog I regularly visit. So to set the record straight – to the contrary of some people’s opinions, I do not claim benefit as some of you seem to suggest. Just because I have a foreign name and was originally born in Russia, does not mean I am an immigrant and claim the dole. In fact i do not even reside in UK, although I answer questions here because I choose to. I ain’t an alcoholic neither, but I guess as long as you are posting you get the points through TUs from your mates it is all fine, no loss to me personally, so go ahead. The fact that my earlier answer to another question here in CE clearly ”rocked the boat” making me an instant ”celebrity”, just proves that those who are ready to offend at any instance, are so easily offended themselves. The exception is that those individuals go to great lengths in order to make a point when in fact there isn’t one to make.For the record I do not have a personal problem with anyone in CE, and of course none of this really matters. I can gladly just log out and not log on again. But the reason I chose to get involved is because I began to see consistent questionable behaviour from people who are not only Top Contributors, but also people I have a lot of respect for. Unlike those individuals I am not interested in pursuing my cause through mails, threats, thumbs down, ignoring and relying on so called ”friends” to prove the point. I will just continue taking screenshots and continue compiling a rather large report which I do plan to sent to Yahoo, in relevance of all that takes place here. It has to stop – simple as that. I am sure many of you will not disagree with me on this.We are all in agreement that genuine trolls are easy to spot, but it does not help when sometimes we find ourselves fighting each other through no fault of our own. So can we just stop ”raising class” PLEASE and be civil to each other??
- A: Vlad although I agree with most of what you say but I feel that I should correct you on a few points. The is not an elite club its a forum for debate . To agree or disagree with questions posted. I often tend to ask controversial questions and expect or even hope that some will not share my views.and quite often go against the tide and try to defend people who are, in my opinion, unfairly criticised. Its up to the answerer to pick and choose which question to answer. I must say that I do agree with you that is not only wrong but very rude to abuse or slander other users here’ Also very ignorant to press the report button just because you don’t like that person or do not share his views, Good luck and keep on asking questions and answering others.