What is an epidemic disease
Epidemic Disease is marked increase in prevalence of a disease in a specific population or area, usu with an environmental cause. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-epidemic-disease ]
More Answers to “What is an epidemic disease“
- What is epidemic diseases?
- The meaning of epidemic diseases are those that can easly be passed on to others, like cholera, or conjuvtitus of the eye.
- What are some epidemic disease?
- Common Vehicle Spread. The term common vehicle spread describes the mode of transmission of infectious pathogens from a source that is common to all the cases of a specific disease, by means of a medium, or “vehicle,” such as wate…
- Do you believe that vaccinations have eradicated epidemic disease…?
- No, not at all. All we have done is translated “forest fires” for 1% of the population into chronic and acute “brush fires” for the entire population. Sanitation, nutrition, potable water, proper nutrition and hydration was eradicating epi…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What’s the difference between an endemic disease and an epidemic disease?
- Q: And can a disease be classified as bothPlease explain your answer and give some examples.
- A: An endemic disease is one that is continuously present in the population, often because there is a non-human reservoir for the microbe that causes it. Examples would be malaria (in tropical countries) or histoplasmosis (in America).An epidemic disease is one that spreads in a sudden, massive surge within a population that is largely without immune protection. An obvious example is influenza, that tends to cause epidemics each time a new virus strain emerges.An example of a disease that maybe endemic or epidemic is cholera – it can be endemic locally in areas with poor sanitation but can spread violently if sanitation breaks down in disaster areas.
- what is the difference between an epidemic and disease?
- A: Well a disease can become an epidemic…. An endemic is a certain area affected by a disease, but an epidemic means it is spread farther than expected. Then there is a pandemic which can be throughout the world. A disease is just a sickness and an epidemic is how far it has spread.
- what is a epidemic disease that kills thousands called?
- A: marriage