What is an STD and HIV
An STD is a sexually transmitted disease and HIV as an immune deficiency which leads to AIDS. STD’s and HIV can very easily be transmitted through various ways as long as bodily fluids are shared. Herpes is the most common STD. Always use protection! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-std-and-hiv ]
More Answers to “What is an STD and HIV“
- What is an STD and HIV
- An STD is a sexually transmitted disease and HIV as an immune deficiency which leads to AIDS. STD’s and HIV can very easily be transmitted through various ways as long as bodily fluids are shared. Herpes is the most common STD. Always use p…
- Is HIV an STD?
- It is considered an STD because the majority of people infected are infected through unprotected sex. However there are also some people who are infected through vaccines and blood transfusions. Strictly speaking it is not exclusively an ST…
- What is HIV and STD?
- STD – Sexually Transmitted Disease, though it is now considered ‘politically correct’ to use STI – Sexually Transmitted Infection. HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus. A virus which infects lymphocytes, and can cause Acquired Immunodeficienc…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I had sex with a girl on birth control that I think is clean, but how can I tell if I contracted an STD/HIV?
- Q: She is on birth control and I didn’t use a condom. From my knowledge and to hers she is clean but her mother has herpes, what is the chance that I have contracted something and what are the symptoms? It happened yesterday.
- A: Go to the dr and use a condom next time!
- Can you get an std, hiv or aids if?
- Q: The guys put his penis inside the female vagina for less than 10 sec, without a condom? and if so what are the odds? just a random question
- A: Any time the penis and vagina are in close contact without protection, there is always the chance of passing disease or becoming pregnancy.Even pre-come has fluid in it, and most men can’t control that, so if that was true, I’d get yourself checked out.
- Can I contract an STD / HIV from the following…?
- Q: Please be aware this may be a little graphic.Alright, so tonight I did something that I dont usually do. I had I guess what you could call a “hookup” and I really regret doing it.Anyways, it was pretty safe..there are just certain things I am concerned about.Is it possible to get an STD / HIV from any of this: ?-Penises w/ precum touching (incld. head)-Semen that touches bare skin-Receiving oral w/ condom onIs it possible?I am so paranoid…
- A: I am assuming by the wording of the first one, that you are gay…and I hope you are aware that gay “hook-ups” are rather dangerous statistically speaking……The only 100% safe way is no sex at all, so that being said, it is POSSIBLE with each of those situations, but really not that likely…though, like said by others, there are some STDs that are spread just by touch…makes the first one a little more likely, but then again…not that high.I am assuming that in the second one, that he did his “deed” on you…(better out then in)…unless his semen got into a break in your skin, this would be a VERY unlikely source of transmission.In the third…unless there was a break in the condom, this is very safe…but like in all things, still not 100%….maybe just 99.9%