What is pre ECLAMSIA
Preeclampsia is a disease that only happens during pregnancy with high blood pressure and the presence of protein in the urine. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-pre-eclamsia ]
More Answers to “What is pre ECLAMSIA“
- Preeclampsia is an abnormal pregnancy condition characterized by high blood pressure. This condition also can include protein in the urine and swelling. Lack of treatment can lead to organ failure and death. The only cure for this condition…
- Preeclampsia is high blood pressure and protein in the urine that develops after the 20th week of pregnancy. The mom on 19 Kids and Counting developed preeclampsia while giving birth to her 19th child. ChaCha for now!
- Preeclampsia is a condition that typically starts after the 20th week of pregnancy and is related to increased blood pressure and protein in the mother’s urine (as a result of kidney problems). Preeclampsia affects the placenta, and it can …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- preventing pre eclamsia?
- Q: I am pregnant 2nd time,25 weeks and i am dreading i will have pre eclamsia.In my 1st pregnanacy I had 2 signs of it.The swelling was awful and almost unbearable.My blood pressure was high also.In the end I had my daughter at 36 weeks.This time I want to be prepared .What are all the things I can do to help prevent it?
- A: Some of these things may help but I don’t think they’ll prevent.Drink plenty of fluids. Keep your system flushed with lots of extra water. Cut back on sodium, and don’t add extra salt to anything. Read labels for sodium, some things you wouldn’t ever thing of have a lot of it! Stay away from caffeine, it tends to cause bloating/swelling/water retention. I had read with the first two of my pregnancies that they were linking eating a lot of oranges and drinking orange juice with preventing high blood pressure during pregnancy. Hydrotherapy, swimming, soaks in tubs (covering your whole body) help keep swelling down. As I said, I don’t think you can stop pre-eclampsia, but you can try to help as much as possible with these steps. Ask your Dr. too, maybe they have suggestions for you. Best wishes!VTSZTPU-I had forgotten about that! Good Call! It reminded me they also had mention Dandelion. Might do some checking. I know that Dandelion supplements can be just Dandelion or Dandelion Root.
- Pre – Eclamsia 37 weeks?
- Q: ok so went to docs today, bp was 130/90 protein was +1 what are the chances of me developing pre eclamsia?
- A: Your chance are good for not getting it, at 22 weeks I had +2 protein in my urine and now im on watch, they think Im going to get it, but where you are so far along already and your protein levels arent that bad, you should deliver before anything can happen, Good Luck tho 😀
- what are the signs of pre-eclamsia?
- Q: i think i have it… ive noticed headaches, swollen ankles and feet and dizzyness
- A: http://www.preeclampsia.org/about.aspHope this helps.