What results come from a blood test
A blood test can detect anything from pregnancy, disease, vaccinations, anemia (Iron deficiency), and almost everything in between [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-results-come-from-a-blood-test ]
More Answers to “What results come from a blood test“
- Can I order a blood test and request that the results come back i…?
- he needs to order the blood test and request the results sent to him when it is finished. Call him or his nurse or secretary and explain. They will take care of ordering the test.
- How long does it take for results to a blood test to come back??
- Did you contact your doctor or health care provider to see if they received the results? Generally, results will be sent directly to the physician who ordered the test, and not the patient. I would start there, and see if they have the res…
- Why does my doctor want me to come and discuss HGG blood test res…?
- They can’t give you certain results over the phone. Is it possible that they said HCG? HCG is the hormone that is detected during pregnancy.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for the blood test results to come in???
- Q: I know I am I have had 7 positive test and zero neg, and I had to go up from a D to an F. Just wondering??? After they call with the results what will the say next???
- A: I had my blood drawn at 4 PM yesterday, and the Dr.’s office said they would call sometime this morning with the results. They also said they might send me back (to draw more blood) in 2-3 days to make sure the levels doubled. I’m 4.5 along how many weeks are you? Good Luck.
- I’ve had both negative urine and blood work results come back from pregnancy tests! Can I still be pregnant?
- Q: So, my last period was on June 16th, 2008. And this month (July) my period totally skipped. Its now July 22nd so im what 5-6 days late? I never knew if you counted the day you were suppose to start, or if you start coutning the following day after you miss. Anyway, I took many a urine test’s. And went in for a blood test yesterday which I was sure was going to come back posotive, but it didn’t. =( Could I still be pregnant? Let’s see I missed my period. My breast hurt so bad it’s hard for me to sleep on my stomach like I usually do at night. (Not my nipples though, just my breasts! But they do seem to hurt more so around the outer edge of my breast more so then the middle???? I’m extremely moody. I cry on the drop of a dime. Or yell at my husband for really no reason. My appetite has strongly increased. I’m hungry all day long. And I seem to be peeing none stop!I’m so confused these all seem to be mostly signs of being pregnant. Can anyone help me?AshThanks to everyone who has answered. I was pretty sure after thast blod test came back negative that I was not pregnant. But my poor husband is refusing to believe so.. I woke up this morning with a whole bunch of stories of women who had taken blood test too soon and were indeed actually pregnant. I took the negative results really hard and cried ahwile yesterday. But I fear he may be taking it even harder.Thanks to everyone who has answered. I was pretty sure after that blood test came back negative that I was not pregnant. But my poor husband is refusing to believe so.. I woke up this morning with a whole bunch of stories of women who had taken blood test too soon and were indeed actually pregnant. I took the negative results really hard and cried ahwile yesterday. But I fear he may be taking it even harder.
- A: If urine and blood tests have come back negative, then you are either NOT pregnant OR you ovulated late and only just got pregnant and therefore tested too early for the pregnancy hormone (hcg) to be detected.You can pretty much forget all those other symptoms, because a blood test is the earliest RELIABLE indication of pregnancy. All those other symptoms can be caused by pregnancy, but they can also be caused by pending AF was well as a host of GI and other ailments.If you ovulated late (assuming you’ve even ovulated at all since your last period) that would easily account for why your period has not come, but pregnancy tests come back negative. Stress (physical or mental) can easily cause ovulation (and hence your period) to be late. DW skipped three months of periods back when we were in college and she was taking a particularly difficult class (once the class was over, her periods resumed). Even things that might not seem stressful can still be a stressor you your body and cause you to have a late period. Even extream news events (such as 9/11 or major earth quakes) that don’t effect you directly can still cause enough stress to delay ovulation.So for now, the only thing you can really do is keep testing with HPTs once a week until you get a BFP or a visit from AF.
- What could a Petechial Rash be from when the CBC Blood Test comes back normal?
- Q: My Three year old Son developed a Petechial Rash (small pin point bruising) on his ears, neck, shoulders and under his eyes. I took him to see his doctor who asked me if he had been vomiting a lot of scratching himself, that I have noticed, but he has done neither of those recently. He is otherwise healthy. He has a good appetite, gets plenty of rest and eats and sleeps on a regular schedule. His Doctor ordered a CBC (Complete Blood Count) blood test to check the platelet levels. She thought that this Petechial Rash may have been caused by low Platelets. There was concern that if the platelets were low, that he may be at risk or already have Lukemia, or some other blood disorder. When the results came back, they showed that his CBC was completely normal with no problems. I have scheduled an appointment to meet with his doctor again next week to look further into this and find out what is going on. Before I go, does anyone have any ideas what else may have caused this?
- A: Forceful coughing or vomiting can cause facial petechiae, especially around the eyes.If CBC comes back normal, I would not worry too much…It usually comes from coagulation disorder (low platelets), sepsis (infection – especially meningitis)IF you’re so concern about your son petechiae, ask your family pediatrician to check for pathogens (viruses and bacterias) and the worst case scenario ask him to screen your son for autoimmune disease (this is rare though… so I hope your son is okay)…But again… it depends on your anchestry…You may want to ask your pediatrician to screen for kawasaki disease and Henoch-Schönlein.Check also if your son is eating well, malnutrition often will result in petechiae…Hope that helps…