What does the word "flu" stand for
Influenza, commonly shortened to “flu,” is an extremely contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza A or B viruses. Flu appears most frequently in winter and early spring. The flu virus attacks the body by spreading through respiratory tract. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-word-%22flu%22-stand-for ]
More Answers to “What does the word "flu" stand for“
- Its interesting but growing up in California kype was used daily yet in Chicago no one has ever heard of this term. I wonder if it was used ony in Southern California
- Paramore is an American pop rock band that formed in Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee in 2004 consisting of Hayley Williams (lead vocals/keyboard), Josh Farro (lead guitar/backing vocals), Jeremy Davis (bass guitar), and Zac Farro (dr…
- Thank you SibaBarbosa. I couldn’t find the word in the online dictionary. Does the slang word “yadda, yadda, yadda,” (as in the Seinfeld episode) mean talking a lot? Is it also a Hebrew word? njg
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What word class does “Guilty” come under?
- Q: What word class does “Guilty” come under???and what could you say about the word, under an analysis
- A: Adjective. “That man is guilty!”As you see in this sentence, guilty is describing “man”, which is a noun.
- What does the word irritable mean? thanks?
- A: it means really grouchy
- what does the word ‘sad2ine’ mean in arabic?
- Q: ok great :d soooo whats the male version? sad2in? :$:$:$ i hope i’m right 😀
- A: It means “believe me”, it’s feminine. This means that it was said to a girl.**************************The male version of that is “sade2ni”, it is pronounced as “sadd-de2ni”, you almost got it right 😀