What do I do if I have horrible pain in the side of my neck
Your spine is made up of bones (vertebrae that support the body’s weight), their joints (facets that guide the direction (MORE) [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-horrible-pain-in-the-side-of-my-neck ]
More Answers to “What do I do if I have horrible pain in the side of my neck“
- What do I do if I have horrible pain in the side of my neck?
- Your spine is made up of bones (vertebrae that support the body’s weight), their joints (facets that guide the direction (MORE)
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What can be causing a horrible pain in my neck?
- Q: Yesterday I was walking in my house and tripped. I did not fall and hit my head or neck off of anything, but I just stumbled and caught myself. Ever since then there is a HORRIBLE pain in he left side of my neck anytime I move my head or anything above the shoulders, and sometimes when I’m not doing anything at all. Does anybody have any advise on what I can do to help with the pain, and what could be the possible cause of it? Thanks
- A: Sounds like you have suffered a cervical sprain/strain. You probably have muscle spasms of the neck muscles. Catching yourself probably caused firing of certain muscles and ligaments (sometimes overstretched). I would ice your neck and upper back and use a topical pain cream like biofreeze. In the meantime rest. When you are starting to feel a little better, you can begin doing very gentle neck stretches. If the the pain does not seem to be getting better- see your doctor (PCP) or even a chiropractor. Hope this helps.
- How do I get rid of this horrible neck pain?
- Q: OHMYGOSH MY NECK IS FREAKING KILLING ME! ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK, UNDER MY EAR PRETTY MUCH, NOT MY EAR, IT’S MY NECK. HURTS SO BAD! I PUT ICY HOT AND OTHER NECK STRIPS AS WELL, I HAVE TAKEN ADVIL. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! I DO CRACK MY NECK ALL THE TIME, I DON’T KNOW IF THIS HELPS WITH THE ANSWERS. USUALLY WHEN MY NECK HURTS, I POP IT AND THEN ITS ALL BETTER. NOT THIS TIME.
- A: Try ice (cryotherapy). If you do not have an icepack designed for this purpose, use a large bag of frozen vegetables (peas or corn). Place the ‘icepack’ in a thin pillowcase and apply it directly to the area of neck pain for 20 minutes. Allow one hour of time between applications to allow return of blood flow and to prevent frostbite. Repeat as needed.Whether ice helps or not, you need to see a Chiropractor to find out the cause of your chronic neck problems.Best wishes and good luck!
- I think I’ve torn or sprained the muscle on the left side of my neck what can I do for the pain?
- Q: This morning when I was sleeping I went to turn or lay a different way and I felt this horrible pain in my neck like I tore something. I layed my head down and fell asleep for a little while longer and then when I went to get up out of the bed I was hit with this excruciating pain on the left side of my neck. I tried getting up but it seemed impossible and then finally after about 30 minutes of pressing my hand tightly against the spot that hurt and slowly moving my body I was able to get up. The pain is less intense when I’m standing but I cannot lay down or sit without feeling this pain. I also can’t move my neck forward too far, backwards too far or to the left too far without feeling this excruciating pain. What can I do to ease this pain please throw me some suggestions this is horrible.
- A: Ice Ice Ice – take 4 ibuprofen (I’m serious) and ice for 20 – 10 off – 20 on – The ice will help the inflammation as well as the ibuprofen, which will also help the painSee your chiropractor tooFP