What is the cure for jock itch
For a mild case of jock itch, it can be cured with an over-the-counter antifungal ointment, powder or lotion like Lamisil AT. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-cure-for-jock-itch ]
More Answers to “What is the cure for jock itch“
- What to do for jock itch?
- Jock Itch Treatment. View diagnostic tests, medical proecedures, otc and prescription drugs on Healthline Treatment Search. There are 6 procedures and 10 prescriptions found for Jock Itch…
- How to Cure Jock Itch
- Jock itch is called tinea cruris in the medical lingo. It is a type of ringworm that infects the skin’s outer layers. Ringworm isn’t a worm; instead, it is a form of fungi that causes rashes and patches on the skin, nails, or hair. To know …
- What is the best cure for jock itch?
- How do you get rid of chronic jock itch ? There is one powder that will get rid of this condtion very fast and its athlete’s foot powder which is the same condtion around the pubic area as the feet get . The medical name for jock itch is ti…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does It Cure Jock Itch by Applying Some Vinegar On It?
- Q: Help Me! This jock itch thing is getting on my nerves, and besides that, I lacked of sleep because of it’s itch and I really want this evil thing to be out of my skin! Help Me!!! Is there other medicine to cure it? Does Applying some ointment cures it too?
- A: You can get OTC meds at Wal Mart for it. Good Luck. I hope it is not a STD…..
- Is there a permanent cure for jock itch, cuz the medications my doctors give me only work for like two weeks.?
- Q: i have been dealing with it and going to the doctor for like two years now and nothing has acually cured it. Can someone who has REALLY had a bad case of jock itch tell me if there is a permanet cure for it.. Pleas help!
- A: Hi Lil Kimbo,Yes there is. See the link below for more info on how to permanently cure your jock itch. Good luck
- does anyone know a good cure for jock itch?
- Q: My husband has what we think is jock itch but we’ve tried every kind of otc jock itch medication to get rid of it and nothing has worked. He’s one of these men that will not go to the doctor unless he’s dying so i’m trying to find a cure for it possibly a home remedy. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!
- A: Two things are important here. 1. keep the area dry with liberal use of corn starch as already suggested by another poster 2. don’t use antibacterial soap because your washing away bacteria that inhibit yeast and fungi from proliferating. Wash with barely warm water and no soap for a few days. Dry the area with cotton balls and no hard rubbing involved. Try to tuck some partially unravelled cotton balls in any of the crease areas and behind the testicles to keep them from holding sweat next to the skin. Get him eating lots of yogurt. When the area looks a bit drier get your spouse to apply Monistat Derm at night for 14 nights…rub it in very, very well and don’t leave excess on the skin. If there is too much cream you create a wet environment. Also don’t use anything greasy on it such as Vaseline or moisturizer.Tell him that is he doesn’t do what you sat, he IS going to the doctor.