Can pregnant women eat catfish
Yes catfish is approved by the FDA for pregnant women. But it still should be consumed in moderation. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-pregnant-women-eat-catfish ]
More Answers to “Can pregnant women eat catfish“
- Is catfish safe for pregnant women with its mercury level?If not,…?
- Yes, catfish is safe for pregnant women. By following these 3 recommendations for selecting and eating fish or shellfish, women and young children will receive the benefits of eating fish and shellfish and be confident that they have reduce…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how much fish can a pregnant woman have?
- Q: how often can i at 7 months eat tilapia and catfish once a week once a month?
- A: It depends on the sorts of fish. My doctor gave me a list of fish that are good (salmon, cod) and fish to avoid (tuna, swordfish, shark, bass snapper, mackrel)She said that having the good fish 1-2 times a week (about 12 ounces worth) is good for the baby’s neurological development and can also decrease my chances of post-partum depression.I don’t know about tilapia, but I do know that catfish has fairly low mercury levels– higher than salmon but lower than cod. I think that it would be safe. Of course ask your doctor to be sure.
- how many of you think?
- Q: so how many of you think that shrimp is bad for a pregnant woman to eat? i mean a lot of it in one week. I am a seafood loving girl, but i can deal with catfish and trout. but i cant go without my shrimp.does anyone think that too much shrimp (company caught and all) have an effect on baby. (i am 19 weeks)luckily i get too nauseas at the smell of tuna! Lol. i know a can of tuna a week is good (the little 6 oz cans of it) lol but the smell usually makes me gag. lollol janet, ur not guilty unless proven that way:p
- A: I dont think there is nothing wrong with eating shrimp I ate ALOT of it while i was prego because i craved it soooo much(oh and thanx for answering my question and i know what you mean about diseases being transmitted through the tubes i never used the breast pump my insurenced went ahead and ordered it for me because i was planning on pumping when i went back to school but i dried up so i couldnt so it was NEVER used but thanx again for being concered i wouldnt put anyone in that situation)