What can’t or shouldn’t you eat during pregnancy
Some things you should avoid while pregnant are Raw Meats, Deli meats, hot dogs, raw eggs, fish high in mercury and Liver. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can%27t-or-shouldn%27t-you-eat-during-pregnancy ]
More Answers to “What can’t or shouldn’t you eat during pregnancy“
- What shouldn’t you eat during pregnancy?
- Hot Foods And Junk
- What shouldn’t I eat during pregnancy.?
- Deli Meat: Deli meats have been known to be contaminated with listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection or blood poisoning, which may be life-threateni…
- What You Should and Shouldn’t Eat During a Pregnancy?
- My cousin gave birth to a beautiful baby girl almost a year and a half ago. It was her very first child so to say that this was an extremely thrilling time for her and her husband is an understatement. She gave me some information in regard…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Foods you can’t eat during pregnancy?
- Q: I am 27wks pregnant and have only just found out i shouldn’t eat Feta Cheese or deli meats.. and i’ve been eating these the whole way through my pregnancy because thats what i’ve been craving. The feta cheese has been in my salads and the deli meat on sandwiches. How could i not know about this before? I don’t know.. i was never told so by my doc…. Now i’ve discovered i can’t eat these things due to the possibility of contracting listeriosis i’m really concerned.If i stopped eating these things as of right now would my baby be alright or does it have an incubation period? Would i know if it had already harmed baby??
- A: Listeria is an infection and if you had contracted it you would know. Not eating the foods you mention is an extra precaution. Yes, if you stop eating those things right now, your baby will be all right. Here is information and a link:”Listeria infections (known as listeriosis) are caused by the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. Infection is rare, but when it does occur it most frequently affects pregnant women in their last trimester, newborns, and children and adults whose immunity is weakened by diseases such as cancer or AIDS. People who have had various types of transplants are also more at risk for listeriosis.”http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/listeria.html
- I know, I know. You’re tired of this, but do you think I’m pregnant?
- Q: Sorry for this, I know you’re all probably tired of hundreds of teenage girls a day asking this question, but I have a good reason. I am genuinely confused, I think one of my pregnancy tests is lying. xDI’m 17 with a steady boyfriend. I’ve had one abortion (if you’re pro-life and feel like bitching, stop right here. I’m pro-choice, get over it.) from a previous boyfriend, one miscarriage from the same boyfriend and one miscarriage from my current. Both miscarriages happened 1-2wks into the pregnancy and I didn’t even notice what was happening until I got to the emergency room. -_-;ANYWAYS, my boyfriend and I use the pull-out method because every form of birth control I’ve been on has either made me severely ill or I couldn’t remember to take the pills. Bad excuse, I know. Sometimes, he ejaculates inside of me. Maybe once or twice a month. Maybe a little more. Now, here’s where it gets tricky.the first day of my last menstrual cycle was December 11th. It lasted until the 14th. I was then supposed to have it on the 8th of January. No such luck.On the 17th of January I had the strangest period of my life. In the late afternoon, I started to bleed heavily (my periods are normally extremely heavy) but the color and odor were off. It was darker in color, and didn’t really smell like anything. I shrugged it off as stress-related and went about my day. That night, my boyfriend and I had intercourse and he ejaculated inside me. The next day my “period” was reduced to light, brown spotting and then on the third day, stopped completely. My usual period is from 5 to 8 days long. The following week, he ejaculated in me 3-5 times.It is now the 1st of February and since the day of the weird “period” I have had sore, tender breasts, severe lower back pain, bloatyness, slight nausea, exhaustion, an aversion to food (I can only eat a small amount at a time and some foods I used to like make me want to barf.), a spike in body temperature, altered taste and crazy mood swings. Knowing that these are ALL early signs of pregnancy, I took a home pregnancy test with a negative result. It was a cheap test, and I also could have mis-read it so, 2 days later I took a FirstResponse digital test. Negative.I’m getting really frustrated. Either my body is slightly retarded, both tests were duds, it’s too early because I could have gotten pregnant during the week following the “period”, which was 2 weeks ago exactly, or it’s purely paranoia. Can’t a good quality pregnancy test detect the hormones 2 weeks after conception? Shouldn’t the digital one have picked it up? I’m confused. Help?Should I do a blood or urine test at the doctor? Is it still too early for a urine test to show up? Is a blood test more accurate? Help?
- A: A suggestion . . . .Provoke a period when you are due, it can even work if you are a bit late. You can do this by using Vitamin C.Take 6-12 grams of ascorbic acid – vitamin C a day for 5-10 days. Specifically ascorbic acid. Do not use vitamin C with bioflaviniods or anything that has Rose-hips in it. Look for the cheap generic brands, they are usually the ones that have pure ascorbic acid. Doses consisting of one 500 mg tablet per hour are most common.The vitamin C -ascorbic acid- works to produce an unfavorable climate within the uterus so that the egg does not implant, or cannot maintain its grip on the uterine wall. By stimulating estrogen, and possibly interfering with progesterone. Thus making it useful as an emergency contraceptive, when taking it before implantation occurs.Progesterone is needed to prepare the uterus to receive the egg, the uterine lining builds up each month, and if the egg is not fertilized then this is what becomes the menstrual blood, when the lining is shed to prepare for the next cycle.http://www.sisterzeus.com/Hsp1shlp.htmHow It Workshttp://www.sisterzeus.com/vit_c_ab.htmlIf you have any questions about it, email me. I have used these methods successfully before. I take 1,000mg every two hours until bleeding commences.http://sisterzeus.com/List.htmPreventing and Ending PregnancyNatural Liberty: Rediscovering Self-Induced Abortion Methods ISBN: 0964592002 is now available on Scribd to read for free! http://www.scribd.com/doc/22321349/Natural-Liberty-Rediscovering-Self-Induced-Abortion-MethodsPregnancy Test Info http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.htmlhCG Levels – charthttp://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.htmlhCG Levelshttp://babymed.com/faq/Content.aspx?13508Weird period? Sounds like implantation bleeding. Try the Vitamin C. ~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 13 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter’s choice.Abortion: There is a Consensushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUvgoPs – As for others who would judge you, this is your business and their opinion don’t have to mean anything to you. They are strangers after all, who don’t know you or your situation.