Is an abscess life threatening
A:It depends on the type of abscess. There are a few types of abscesses that are life threatening. Dental abscesses can be life threatening. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-an-abscess-life-threatening ]
More Answers to “Is an abscess life threatening“
- How do I know if my tooth abscess has become life-threatening??
- Don’t worry. You do not have a life threatening situation. Dentists get concerned when they see someone who has their check swollen up and their eye swollen shut. However you still need to see the dentist to have the problem corrected. Good…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I know if my tooth abscess has become life-threatening?
- Q: Ever since my root canal was botched for the second time, I’ve had this abscess for months. Just in the past week or so has it begin to ache and the abscess collect next to the tooth, causing a small bubble under my gums. I’ve read that it can become life threatening if not treated. I plan on making a dentist appoint for as soon as next week. What are symptoms if it’s gotten that bad? Does my jaw have to be swollen? Because if so, it hasn’t gotten that bad yet. Like I said, it’s got an abscess and aches. Also, if I really feel for it, I can somewhat feel where it’s swollen with the infection by the roots, but it’s not apparently noticeable or anything.I’m actually pretty terrified.
- A: Don’t worry. You do not have a life threatening situation. Dentists get concerned when they see someone who has their check swollen up and their eye swollen shut. However you still need to see the dentist to have the problem corrected. Good luck Cherie.
- What is an Abscess?
- Q: What is an abscess? Is it be life threatening, if so how? And is it treatable?ThanksIt’s not that has it, someone close to me doesUgh, typos, sorry, I meant to say Its not me that has it~cries~ im sorry, if it gets into the blood stream, can it still be curable or treatable rather??
- A: An abscess is a localized of pus in any p[art of the body, caused by an infection. Treatments do vary, often require antibiotics. Most types are treatable. Go to this website for more information.http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/abscess
- Rabbit with an enlarged eye, is it life threatening?
- Q: My rabbit’s name is Snuffles, she is a year old lop eared, and has been with us since she was a baby. Snuffles has had no teeth problems, or any other deceases, and has only been to the vet when she was spayed and for injections.About a week ago I begun to notice her right eye looked strange, as though the skin around were sagging, when in fact her eye was the reason. In the past week Snuffles right eye has enlarged. I can’t be sure if it is some sort of swelling behind the eye that is causing it to push out, or if the eye itself is growing.I’ve taken pictures. They’re nothing gory so no worries of being grossed out.The front view (You can see the right eye is poking out more than her left)http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/Sapphirelights/Snuffles%20eye%20shots%20temp/Front.jpgThe right eye (Before you could only see the iris and the pupil)http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/Sapphirelights/Snuffles%20eye%20shots%20temp/Righteye.jpgThe left eye (How her right eye used to look)http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/Sapphirelights/Snuffles%20eye%20shots%20temp/Lefteye.jpgThere are no signs that Snuffles is in pain. She eats fines and is herself, but I know rabbits can go down hill quick and I am worried this is the early stages of something bad. I read up on a decease called Retrobulbor Abscess, and I’m very concerned she might have it. Please can someone tell me what is wrong with Snuffles?
- A: I agree that you should take your rabbit to a vet. Retrobulbor abscess, tumor, or glaucoma are a few possibilities.ARBA Rabbit Judgenockrabbits.comfree rabbit clipart!