Is an abscessed tooth an infected tooth
A:Yes. If you have an abscessed tooth, your dentist will give you antibiotics to kill the bacteria causing the infection. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-an-abscessed-tooth-an-infected-tooth ]
More Answers to “Is an abscessed tooth an infected tooth“
- Is an abscessed tooth an infected tooth
- Yes. If you have an abscessed tooth, your dentist will give you antibiotics to kill the bacteria causing the infection. ChaCha!
- Can an abscessed tooth infection go into your ear?
- A tooth abscess or root abscess is pus enclosed in the tissues of the jaw bone at the tip of an infected tooth. Usually the abscess originates from a bacterial infection that has accumulated in the soft pulp of the tooth. There are three ty…
- Can a Tooth Abscess Cause a Blood Infection?
- An abscessed tooth can spread infection to other parts of the body via the blood. This can cause a blood infection, pneumonia, brain abscess and other complications. References Medline Plus: Tooth Abscess About this Author Michelle Kulas is…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If an abscessed tooth is infected, could it cause death if the tooth is pulled?
- A: Noooooooo….What’s going to happen is they will prescribe antibiotics to reduce the swelling. It’s an important step because we can’t do anything for you until the infection goes down. Novocaine will not penetrate an infection.Now, if it’s a small, simple tooth, we can just pull it out once the swelling has gone down. If it’s bigger or deep in the mouth, WE would recommend you to an oral surgeon… just to be safe, you want to see a guy who does that kind of thing all day, everyday and has seen WAY worse, you know what I mean.What an oral surgeon does is cut up the tooth and take the pieces out individually.It all sounds scary, but it’s over before you know it and you never had to deal with it again.See your dentist as soon as possible to get the best possible care. The only way you can die is if you ignore the infection. It will spread into the blood stream and you will end up in the hospital.
- how do i care for my mouth after an infected tooth was pulled and a bone graph put in it’s place?
- Q: i just got an abscessed tooth removed and a bone graph placed in my jaw so dental implant can be put in eventually.i was in a daze at the office and i accidently forgot the paper on how to take care of my mouth for the next few days. am i allowed to eat and drink tonight? what are the things i need to know?
- A: I had a tooth pulled and bone graft about 6 months ago and just the other day had the screw put in for a future implant. I was given antibiotics, and a prescription mouth wash, don’t use something strong like listerine, there is alcohol in it. If you did not get a prescription mouth wash, then gargle with warm salt water, gargle gently. I was told to not eat on that side and to eat soft stuff, also not to brush my teeth at that spot. Also I was told not to brush or gargle until the next day 24 hours after the procedure, I could eat sooner but only soft stuff. I would call the dentist now but if it is too late definitely tomorrow first thing in the morning.
- How long will it take an abscess tooth to get re-infected?
- Q: Dentist told me that mine tooth was trying to abscess and the infection was what caused it to hurt. I finish taking my antibiotic on December 24. How long do I have to make an appointment before it gets infected again. I asked because the dentist office has been closed because of the Holiday.
- A: call them asap as that abcess could flare up again! i know how painful they are!