What are abscesses
A:A tooth abscess is a collection of pus that’s caused by a bacterial infection in the root of a tooth or in the gum tissue. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-abscesses ]
More Answers to “What are abscesses“
- An abscess develops when the body s immune system isolates an area of body tissue that has been infected by an invading microorganism* (usually bacteria) to prevent the infection from spreading further into the body. It does this by sending…
- A hard swelling or isolated collection of pus or purulent matter occurring in the rabbit’s skin. Accompanied by localized fever and heat.
- A localized collection of pus in any part of the body that is the result of an infection. Abscesses can form in almost every part of the body. Abscesses occur when an area of tissue becomes infected and the body is able to “wall off”…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you get an abscess in a dental implant?also what are the signs thanks?
- Q: hello,i have dental implants and the crowns are on for a few months now ,on the back tooth the gum or maybe the bone i dont know seems swollen like a round bump.is it possible to get an abscess in the bridge,or where the implants were placed?also is that serious what kind of pain would it be if it was an abscess since its not a real tooth is hard to know thanksthank you for your answer! i cannot get to the specialist for a couple of weeks,it is throbbing and darts of pain,can you die from an abscess? i do not have a fever,is there anything i can do salt water or listerene?if it spreads can you die ?
- A: Although rare, infection can develop around an implant. The reasons may be food impaction under the gum around the implant, or the implant has failed.
- If I were on antibiotics for an abscess, could I still get more abscesses at that time?
- Q: An abscess recently formed on my body- it has been operated on, and it still open. I am currently on antibiotics to fight infection.Would it be possible for new abscesses to form while taking these antibiotics? A little bump showed up on my body yesterday; what are the chances of that bump developing into an abscess?
- A: Yes a new abscess or infection can form even if you are currently on antibiotics. If you develop an abscess due to a different bacterial organism that is not susceptible to the antibiotic that you are on, then you can develop an entirely new infection. This can also happen when you are on antibiotics, which kill the susceptible organisms and then the other organisms can have an overgrowth, leading to a new infection. You need to let the Dr. who is treating your abscess look at the new bump. He can take a culture or tissue sample if needed to see if any new bugs are growing there.
- What are general causes of skin abscesses and can they indicate anything?
- Q: ive had one big one and one small one in 2 weeks, never have gotten them before
- A: I think you need some vitamin C to boost your immunity.