What is it when a rabbit has a bump on cheek
A:A bump on the rabbit’s cheek is most likely an abscess caused by infection of tooth, bite, or otherwise. Get veterinary attention. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-it-when-a-rabbit-has-a-bump-on-cheek ]
More Answers to “What is it when a rabbit has a bump on cheek“
- What is it when a rabbit has a bump on cheek
- A bump on the rabbit’s cheek is most likely an abscess caused by infection of tooth, bite, or otherwise. Get veterinary attention.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What health problem do you think my rabbit has?
- Q: I just noticed tonight when I captured my rabbit to put him away after I cleaned out his cage. He seems to have this large lump on his lower jaw and right cheek. The bump looks about the size of a ping pong ball and is somewhat hard. I researched a little bit and found it can be one of three things:warbles (bot fly)cancerinfection (abscess)He did have a fight with his father about a week ago as well and got a little beat up but I don’t know if he got bit on the cheek. Please help me figure this out and if I should wait a little longer. He seems to be eating and drinking normally and being very social towards the girls and very active.
- A: Most likely would be an abscess, which should be treated by a vet- really, any of the possibilities should be treated by a veterinarian. So make an appointment. Now.
- My rabbit has an eye infection. HELP!?
- Q: My rabbit, Molly, has a swollen right eye and green-ish liquid wetting her cheek, so I brought her to the vet about three days ago. He gave medicines – some pills and some eye drops. She needs to take two pills, twice a day, morning and night.It seemed as though she was getting better, and she purred when I wiped her swollen eye with warm water, but then when I wanted to feed her the medicine this morning, she seemed very less active and her head was slightly tilting to the side (the side where her eye is hurt). When I checked her later on after school, I saw that she had a pink bump/lump under her eye. I don’t think that that was there before. Her eye is still closed, and her right cheek is still very wet.Also, she always flinches when I touch her ear (the right side, the side with her infected eye). I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I thought it’s better that I’d mention it.What can I do to cure her eye? The medicine would be finishing by tomorrow yet there still aren’t any changes in her condition. Is the pink bump something that I should worry about? As in, really really really worry.I love her so much and I don’t want to lose her. Can this infection lead to death? Any information whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.I forgot to mention that the vet I went to expertises in cats, so I don’t know how much I can trust him. I can’t find a vet who works with rabbits 🙁
- A: YOU NEED A GOOD RABBIT VET!! It sounds like she has a major infection going on. I think it must have started with her eye but its moving it sounds like. If her head is tilting it can stay that way permanantly and she could die from it too. You have to take her to an exodic vet. SOON. The situation sounds really bad to me. I am sorry I can’t help you more and just tell you to give her some penicillon or something because I don’t think that would cut it.