Have i taken too much paracetomol in two hours?
Hiya, i just need some quick medical advice!! I have got the flu quite bad with a cough, severe tiredness, nausea and severe headaches, the sniffles, the works really! I was in alot of pain so I took 2 paracetomol tablets (each containing 500mg) and then one tablet of Co-codamol (which is 500ml of paracetomol and 30mg of codeine) Ive taken 1500mg of paracetomol and 30mg of codeine in under 2 hours. Is this too much??i was wondering what the dose is? I got rather concerned after reading a leaflet from the paracetamol packet that you should not take any other paracetomol related tablets.However i dont feel any side effects.Please could someone tell me the dosage and whether it is possible to mix tabets if under this dosage?Please could you reply as soon as you can!!Thanks, Helen Louise x
More Answers to “Have i taken too much paracetomol in two hours?“hell yes this is far too much….hang on and be right with you
You are well below the toxic dose but wise to be cautious.:Toxic doseThe toxic dose of paracetamol is highly variable. In adults, single doses above 10 grams or 150 mg/kg have a reasonable likelihood of causing toxicity. Toxicity can also occur when multiple smaller doses within 24 hours exceeds these levels, or even with chronic ingestion of doses as low as 4 g/day, and death with as little as 6 g/day.In children acute doses above 200 mg/kg could potentially cause toxicity. This higher threshold is largely due to children having relatively larger kidneys and livers than adults and hence being more tolerant of paracetamol overdose than adults. Acute paracetamol overdose in children rarely causes illness or death with chronic supratherapeutic doses being the major cause of toxicity in children.Since paracetamol is often included in combination with other drugs, it is important to include all sources of paracetamol when checking a person’s dose for toxicity. In addition to being sold by itself, paracetamol may be included in the formulations of various analgesics and cold/flu remedies as a way to increase the pain-relieving properties of the medication. To prevent overdoses, one should read medication labels carefully for the presence of paracetamol and check with a pharmacist before using over-the-counter medications.Paracetamol OD is not nice read the link below fo details: