Can stress cause a positive pregnancy test
Stress can not cause a false positive on a pregnancy test. It can delay your period. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-stress-cause-a-positive-pregnancy-test ]
More Answers to “Can stress cause a positive pregnancy test“
- Can stress cause a false positive home pregnancy test??
- yeah. it can. i actually heard a few times that if you thinkk that you are pregnant then your body will act as if you are pregnant
- Does a fever or stress give false positives for a pregnancy test??
- No. In order for a pregnancy test to show positive HCG (pregnancy hormone) must be present in your system.
- Can serious over stress cause positive on pregnancy test??
- No. Pregnancy tests only react to hCG, a hormone only present during real pregnancy. Your body will not create hCG due to stress. Stress can cause your body to ACT pregnant (headaches, missed period, etc), but you don’t test positive. Pregn…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can serious over stress cause positive on pregnancy test?
- Q: I have been way stressed the last few months with school and stuff, could that potientally cause a ept to test positive… Please let me know!
- A: No. Pregnancy tests only react to hCG, a hormone only present during real pregnancy. Your body will not create hCG due to stress. Stress can cause your body to ACT pregnant (headaches, missed period, etc), but you don’t test positive. Pregnancy tests never read a false positive, but can read a false negative too early in pregnancy. If you got two pink lines, you’re going to need to talk to your doctor asap, it means you’re pregnant.
- Can an STD or stress cause a pregnancy test to be positive?
- Q: My former partner claims to have just tested positive to 2 at-home pregnancy tests and one clinic pregnancy test. I find it hard to believe because we never had intercourse, only genital/genital contact. She also claims to have some type of infection and is blaming me for it. She has been extremely stressed out with family problems and us breaking up, so I was wondering if her having a possible STD and high levels of stress could cause her to miss her period and test positive on 3 pregnancy tests.
- A: Even though it is not that likely, you can get pregnant with genital/genital contact even without penetration so, yes she could be pregnant. It only takes one strong sperm. She could also get an STI this way as many infections only require skin to skin contact and not penetration. Pregnancy or a one in a million fluke is the only thing that causes a positive pregnancy test. You might want a paternity test done if she keeps the child though. You should also go to the doctor and get medication for the STI she has since you probably have it too even if you have no symptoms.
- Can high stress levels cause a positive pregnancy test?
- Q: I have tested positive on four tests, but I heard that sometimes high stress levels causes your body to excrete the same hormones as when you’re pregnant. Has anyone else heard of that?
- A: That is so NOT true. The only way to get a positive pregnancy test is if you are pregnant or have had HCG artificially injected into your system(as for fertility treatments).