What is a menstruation
Menstruation is a woman’s monthly bleeding. It releases the lining of the uterus if she has not been fertilized. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-menstruation ]
More Answers to “What is a menstruation“
- Menstruation is one part of a woman’s menstrual cycle which includes the shedding of the endometrium (lining of the uterus) that occurs throughout a woman’s reproductive life. With each monthly (on average) menstrual cycle, the endometrium …
- It is when a girl has a period. When girls release the egg from their ovaries, the egg will fertilize when a sperm cell comes in contact (in most cases).But when this doesn’t happen, the egg doesn’t become fertilized and leaves the girl thr…
- What is Menstruation? This comprehensive discussion of menstruation includes detailed explanations of the monthly hormonal and physiological changes that occur in women.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: I am 19 years old and my menstruation began when i was 14 years old.But it is still not regular.It doesn’t come once a month.Sometimes once in 3 months,sometimes once in 6 months.It has been about 5 years.I go see doctor and did the medical check up but nothing goes wrong.Is it concerned with hair shampooing during the menstruation period?I have the habit of doing it.Can anyone suggest me?
- A: Periods are often irregular; if you’ve been to the doctor and they’re not concerned, you probably don’t need to be either. They should probably do a blood test and check your hormone levels though.I can’t imagine that shampooing your hair has anything to do with it.You should try these Dong Quai teas they sell (I buy the Yogi Brand ones). They often help regulate periods.
- What is the advantage of overt menstruation over covert menstruation?
- Q: Overt menstruation, in case you don’t know, is menstruation which involves bleeding from the vagina.Covert menstruation is where the uterine lining (endometrium) is reabsorbed.It seems there is no real benefit in overt menstruation so why didn’t we evolve with covert menstruation?
- A: Both overt menstruation and covert menstruation, the majority of the endometrium is reabsorbed. Why do humans and great apes experience overt menstruation? Some speculate that the sophistication and size of the endometrium required to support a human and great ape fetus. It may simply be too large to be reabsorbed, and the excess material is expelled via overt menstruation.Because of this blood loss, premenopausal women have higher dietary requirements for ironHumans do, in fact, reabsorb about two-thirds of the endometrium each cycle.
- How does a woman know if they have a regular menstruation cycle?
- Q: Hi I just wanted to know what kind of characteristics would put a womans menstruation in the “regular cycle” catagory. Like for instance does her menstruation need to come the same number of days or the same day of the month or does it need to come just every month ?
- A: A regular cycle means it comes every X amount of days, lasts for X amount of days, and the woman experiences the same amount of flow. For example, I’ve always cycled every 26-28 days for 3-5 days with an average flow. Irregular could mean that I cycled in 27 days, but for an onset of 7 days with a heavy flow. If I do that several months in a row, i’d say that my cycle was irregular and would visit my dr.