How does donating plasma help people
A:Donated plasma is useful because plasma cannot be replicated in a lab. Plasma donations are used to treat people suffering from hemophilia, severe burns, shock, and a variety of other life-threatening conditions, such as exposure to rabies. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-donating-plasma-help-people ]
More Answers to “How does donating plasma help people“
- How does donating plasma help people
- Donated plasma is useful because plasma cannot be replicated in a lab. Plasma donations are used to treat people suffering from hemophilia, severe burns, shock, and a variety of other life-threatening conditions, such as exposure to rabies.
- Why Do People Donate Plasma?
- ･ The first documented case of a plasma-related therapy occurred in 1959 in Los Angeles, when doctors used… ･ During a plasma donation, blood is drawn from the donor using a needle. The blood is filtered through… ･ Plasma is not directl…
- Why Do People Need Donated Blood Plasma?
- ･ Plasma is the largest component in blood, making up 55 percent. Plasma is the straw-colored liquid after… ･ Blood plasma is the building block for a whole range of potentially life-saving medicines. Plasma therapies… ･ Plasma protein …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does whole blood donation compare to plasma donation in terms of benefits to society?
- Q: When I say “benefits to society”, I’m speaking along the lines of how much “good” comes out of it (i.e. how much and/or how many people are helped).I figure there are at least two ways of looking at this question, and any way of answering would be great.1) How does 1 donation of whole blood compare to 1 donation of plasma?-or-2) How does 1 donation of whole blood compare to the 16 donations of plasma a person could do in the same time period? (Since whole blood donation is limited to once per 8 weeks, whereas plasma can be donated twice per week.)Thanks for any information!
- A: Well, when you consider that I don’t have access to a place that can take the plasma all by itself, I think I’m doing more good by giving whole blood.That said, since most donated blood is converted to plasma anyway, then we’d all be much better off, if we could give more plasma, more often.
- How old do you have to be to donate?
- Q: i was just wondering because i want to help donate plasma, blood, bone marrow. anything that i can to help people.if you have any information on this. please let me know.how long do you have to stay off work? how often can i donate? things like that.im only 16. but i really want to help.im giving blood at my school with my moms signature.. is that any different
- A: its 18 or 17 most likely 18
- Does your blood type reveal your personality?
- Q: About Blood TypesAll blood donors are important, but if you are type O or AB, you are special because type O negative red blood cells and type AB plasma can be transfused to any patient. Your donations are VITAL – please donate as often as you can, every 56 days for red blood cells.Having blood immediately available when it is needed may help save many lives.Blood Type and RH How Many People Have It? O Positive 40 out 100 O Negative 7 out of 100 A Positive 34 out of 100 A Negative 6 out of 100 B Positive 8 out of 100 B Negative 1 out of 100 AB Positive 3 out of 100 AB Negative 1 out 200 You Can Receive This Type of Red Blood CellsIf you are this blood type. O- O+ B- B+ A- A+ AB- AB+ AB+ X X X X X X X X AB- X * X * X * X * A+ X X X X A- X * X * B+ X X X X B- X * X * O+ X X O- X * X Routine Transfusion Compatibiltiy * Although compatible, use only in emergencies. You Can Receive This Type of PlasmaIf you are this blood type. O- O+ B- B+ A- A+ AB- AB+ AB+ X X AB- X X A+ X X X X A- X X X X B+ X X X X B- X X X X O+ X X X X X X X X O- X X X X X X X X X Routine Transfusion Compatibiltiy Does your blood type reveal your personality?According to a Japanese institute that does research on blood types, there are certain personality traits that seem to match up with certain blood types. How do you rate?Type O You want to be a leader, and when you see something you want, you keep striving until you achieve your goal. You are a trend-setter, loyal, passionate, and self-confident. Your weaknesses include vanity and jealously and a tendency to be too competitive. Type A You like harmony, peace and organization. You work well with others, and are sensitive, patient and affectionate. Among your weaknesses are stubbornness and an inability to relax. Type B You’re a rugged individualist, who’s straight forward and like to do things your own way. Creative and flexible, you adapt easily to any situation. But your insistence on being independent can sometimes go too far and become a weakness. Type AB Cool and controlled, you’re generally well liked and always put people at ease. You’re a natural entertainer who’s tactful and fair. But you’re standoffish, blunt, and have difficulty making decisions.
- A: you answered your own question, this is spam