If your on acne medication, does it get worse before it gets better
Depends on the medications. Typically the indications are on the info pamphlet in the medication packet. What is the name of med? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-your-on-acne-medication%2C-does-it-get-worse-before-it-gets-better ]
More Answers to “If your on acne medication, does it get worse before it gets better“
- Is it true acne gets worse before it gets better when on medicati…?
- You need to do is to get good acne skin product that will be suitable for your skin. There are many acne skin care products available in the market in these days and it’s not easy to choose the product that will give you the best results. W…
- Will the medication minocycline cause acne to get worse before it…?
- The trips I took to the dermatologist cost me way more than this lol and the minocyline they gave me just made my acne worse You should check out this website what sells acne cream , it got rid of mine in 10 days or the money back www.StopM…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- ACNE AND MEDICATION!?
- Q: i was wondering if anyone had any information on mediation when you have acne?I’ve been taking medication for my skin for just over a week and my skin appears to be getting worse.Does your acne get worse before it gets better?! should i stick with the mediation that my doctor prescribed me??thank you!
- A: ya hi there .. its all depends on skin to suit it … giving u some info ..Many treatment options are available to treat all forms of acne. Medications are the main treatment for acne and usually work well. Several preparations are available over-the-counter, while others require a prescription from a doctor. 1• Over-the-counter medications: Nonprescription or over-the-counter medications for acne are plentiful and can be effective for milder forms of acne. They come in the form of soaps, washes, and cleansers. …1.a. Many contain benzoyl peroxide, which does two things. First, benzoyl peroxide kills the acne-causing bacteria, which are thought to play a role in acne. Second, benzoyl peroxide can cause drying and flaking off of skin, which can help prevent the pores from becoming plugged. Plugged pores can develop into acne blemishes. Retinoids: Medicines made from vitamin A (retinoids) are useful in treating several types of acne lesions. Topical retinoids are effective in treating the noninflammatory types of acne (blackheads and whiteheads). if u want more info goto http://acne-scars.we.bs/ also check the good SKIN CLINIC over there .. thanks for using yahoo answers…..1.b. Scrubbing excessively with any over-the-counter preparation can actually cause acne to worsen by additionally irritating the hair follicles.2• Prescription medications: Doctors can prescribe medications when acne becomes moderate to severe or is not controlled by over-the-counter medications. Prescription drugs can be used effectively alone or in combination with other prescription and nonprescription medications.
- Accutane may be a possibility..?
- Q: When I went to the dermatologist, she claimed that I had mild to severe acne, so she prescribed me on lotions, face washes, and antibiotics. She also mentioned that if I don’t get the results I am looking for in six weeks, she would prescribe me on accutane.My skin can handle strong medications, looking at how even the strongest lotion she prescribed me on didn’t irritate my skin at all.I have read reviews and such online, and some people claim that Accutane makes acne worse before it gets better. is it true?What are the benefits (and risks) that this drug does to your body?Please don’t mention pregnancy, my dermatologist told me all about that already. Thank you very much! 🙂
- A: Ok good but read this article first.Acne vulgaris, the medical term for common acne, is the most common skin disease. It affects nearly 17 million people in the United States. While acne can arise at any age, it usually begins at puberty and worsens during adolescence. Nearly 85% of people develop acne at some time between the ages of 12-25 years. Up to 20% of women develop mild acne. It is also found in some newborns.Acne is such a deadly skin disease that no one including myself would like to suffer from but if you happen to be one of those are acne sufferers and who have been online for some time searching for products to help them get rid of acne in 24 hours then I am super sure you must have come across products such as accutane which is said to be the final cure to your acne problem(s).Accutane has been known to be very effective in the reduction of acne and pimples but here are side effects that suggests it may not be the best way to get rid of acne. Some of the side effects are overly dry skin, nosebleeds, and if it is taken by a pregnant woman it could possibly cause birth defects. In fact, no good dermatologist will prescribe accutane to his or her client.Ok good, but let’s examine some Frequently Asked Questions :-Can it really be said that there are some overnight acne treatments of cures to help you get rid of your acne in 24 hours or even less? If yes, why does researches and opinion polls keep showing a major increase in the number of people suffering from acne/pimples/zits ? Some facts to NoteStatistics also show that many acne sufferers have tried many of these “too good to be truth” acne treatments and are now almost left hopeless.There are acne cures but there is no such thing as “magic” treatment for acne. There is no one particular acne treatment to permanently get rid of acne as you suffer from acne due to some habits which is not curable by any acne product or treatment.Most manufacturers, deals and reseller of this so call “best acne treatments” make their profit by telling acne victims like yourself that the best way to get rid of acne is to keep using their products until death do you part. But come to think of it, could using some silly drugs or products till death be the best way to get rid of acne? Common, do the maths, think about it!If you do more researches on why so many people in the world of today suffer from such a deadly skin problem as acne then you would realise that acne just doesn’t appear on the face.Yes you read that right, acne just doesn’t appear on your face, it is an internal problem and the best way to get rid of that acne on your face is to first deal with that internal problem. Treating the external problem will surely clear up your skin and make you feel great again but it is definitely not the final answer… That acne is going to come back and could even be WORSE.Okay But what is the best way to get rid of acne?OKay, I will answer the question but before we do that, let’s consider some basic things : 1. Most Dermatologist are confused professionals, they tend worsen our situation most of the time.2. Over the counter acne treatments are “original” scams3. Laser acne treatments give way to so many side effectsIn fact, there is no overnight treatment for your acne. All the available over the counter treatments are over priced scams there are “JUST” temporary solution to a big problem and you shouldn’t bother about them.In my opinion, the best way to get rid of acne involves the use of natural treatments such as detox diets, honey, aloe vera, toothpaste, tea tree oil e.t.c. The aforementioned treatments are safe, effective, cheap – free and have been used effectively by many acne sufferers over the years.The good thing about this natural acne treatments is that they are not only the best way to get rid of acne, they are the best way to get rid of acne forever. This is because natural acne treatments such as detox diet tend to deal with internal acne problems within the body, which is widely regarded as the best way to get rid of acne.Finally, I will advise you to stop wasting your money on acne treatments that are surely going to help worsen your situation. Instead go for natural acne treatments that are cheap and highly very effective as they are the best way to get rid of acne forever!
- the reason for my acne?! (please help im so frustrated)?
- Q: ok, ive had moderate acne for 2 years but for the past 7 months i had severe horrible acne, so for the last 2 months ive bought a product called “AcneFree” pack which has a Step 1) Face wash, Step 2) Toner (its this liquid you put on a cotten pad and wipe your face after the face wash), 3) and the third is a lotion. For me the product worked for the first week then it looked like it didnt help me a bit after, it says to use it twice a day but I used it 3-4 times once in the morning (8:00) , second after school (3:30) , third at night (9:00), fourth before I go to sleep (11:00) still I would wake up the next day with 3 new big pimples, 2 if im lucky. and after 2 Month I used it all, a week later without any acne medication I had numerous outbreaks so my mom bought the “Clean & Clear” and a “Clearasil Stayclear” (because the Clean & Clear didnt come with a retoner), but the C&C comes with a Face wash, lotion, and if a acne is severe a “Clean & Clear Advantage spot treatment” and I would use this product as often as I did with the AcneFree Product plus when Im about to sleep I rub my whole face with the strong Advantage spot treatment just to make sure. but every morning I still wake up with 2-4 pimples, my mom says its working just a small little bit better than the AcneFree but truthfully I cant see the difference except seeing my acne get worse and worse. SO PLEASE IS THERE SOMETHING I AM DOING WRONG???-AcneFree Website —> http://www.acnefree.com/af/products-Clean & Clear Website —> http://www.cleanandclear.com/-I AM 14-I SMOKE 10 CIGARETTES A DAY BUT I SMOKE MY LAST ONE AT 10 PM AND I WASH MY FACE AT 11PM BEFORE I SLEEP.-I KNOW I AM TO YOUNG TO SMOKE BUT I AM A REAL SMOKER IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO PLEASE DONT SAY “haha!! thats what you get for smoking stupid kid!”-Any answer is appreciated gratefully.thanks for the quick responses but what is mild soap? is it just gentle soap? is there much of a difference to hand soap (Bar), also Ive slowed down to smoking about 6-7 a day because school takes a lot of time and saves also because the price.is 6-7 a day enough to cause clogged pores and then pimples?
- A: I think you may be washing your face too much. I also suffered from severe acne and I tried to compensate for it by using twice the recommended amount. This only made it worse. Go to a dermatologist, they’ll have the cure. My dermatologist prescribed Accutane for me, and after 6 months I am completely clear (I know it’s a long time but it’s worth it.) Realize though Accutane make your whole body EXTREMELY dry and it is not recommended for females because it causes severe birth defects. Don’t waste more money buying cremes you aren’t sure will work, your best choice is going to a dermatologist.