What vitamins and minerals are in green peppers
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 200% Calcium 1% Iron 3% Thiamin 6% Riboflavin 2% Niacin 4% Pantothenic Acid 1% Vitamin B6 17% Potassium 7% Phosphorus 3% Magnesium 4% Zinc 1% Copper 5% [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-vitamins-and-minerals-are-in-green-peppers ]
More Answers to “What vitamins and minerals are in green peppers“
- What kind of vitamins and minerals are in green, yellow, red, ora…?
- All peppers are rich in vitamins A, C, and K, but red peppers are simply bursting with them. Thank you for using ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Vegan: Can you help me with my vitamin/mineral chart? I am missing B 12 & Vit D?
- Q: calcium – broccolivitamin a – carrots, bananasb1 – rice b2 – green veggiesb6 – bananas, beansb12- ????vitamin c – haha i get a lot.. fruit, mostly berries, grapefruit, apples, oranges, etc. :)vitamin d – ????vitamin e – oils for my salads and nutsfolic acid – beans, green veggiesiron – green veggies, nutsmagnesium – green veggies zinc – riceOk, i listed the vitamins & minerals… For the most part I know what else one is and when I eat something i know “oh this is a spinach leaf it is a good source of iron”.. but for vitamin D and b 12 i can’t think of anything that isn’t milk or meat…and since i’m vegan i’m out of ideas.for the most part i eat: fruit in the morning (lots and lots of dates, apple, orange, then berries if i am still hungry). salad (spinach leaves, tomato, carrots, peppers, basil with some sort of oil and nuts).and then for dinner i’ll have something protein/carb (beans with rice is my favorite).
- A: B12 – corn cereals, if you don’t mind added animal-based vitamin. B-complex pills have a gelatin cover. there are synthetic B12 vitamers, but not all of them will work in human body. but they don’t sell those anyway.D – go on the sun.there’s one more thing – creatine and cholesterol. your body will synthesize most of the cholesterol needs but some creatine needs, so get a creatine supplement. they are required for brain and muscle function.you’ll also need another metal – calcium. it’s in large amounts in nuts but it’s hormones that build our bodies. if you are really worried about calcium, try sesame husks. if you can eat them. or even get them. but calcium carbonate isn’t healthy in high amounts. from the articles I have read, I wouldn’t go more than 200mg of calcium carbonate daily.there is another thing you need to consider – complete protein. there are some plant-based sources of complete protein.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_protein
- Soul food..?
- Q: I need a good recipie for,Greens, and beans using, neck bones,pork, turkey, which ever is cool..I Love this, but most recipies call for black pepper, and or seasoning salt, I can’t use neither, due to the pepper in it..I am sensitive, to, MSG, ( Monosodium Glutimate), so that’s out. I can get away eating it sometimes. But, not much.. I try very hard to avoid it..This may sound like a really dumn question, but here goes.Which should I cook first ?I would think the beans since they can take longer. I am using frozen beans, so maybe not.Can I use a slow cooker ? And how would I do this, my pot is 3 quarts.Can I put all the stuff in and let it cook together ?What about, fresh greens, already washed and prepaired ? How long do I cook them, can they be steamed to retain as many vitamins and minerals as possible ?I can not use vinigar, so what else can I use to keep the color nice, and no citric..I was thinking lemon juice would work, not for me it wouldn’t.Thanks..
- A: With collard greens, you’ll want to cut off the stems. I like using spinach myself. Lots of folks boil the greens. It’s easy going this way too. Throw a hamhock or two in there (I’ve never been a neckbone girl) and let it cook on down on low heat. Just add some regular salt and some butter at the end. I like mine with a vinegar hot sauce. Now I do spinach and I add equal parts butter and oil (not that much just use your own judgement) and let the butter boil down to get all the water out. Then I add bacon chopped up and spinach greens. Let it cook down about 5-7 minutes and damn…..Granny didn’t believe it could be as good as her greens, and it wasn’t, but it was close second. With beans, I like adding pork fat while boiling them. That and make sure to add a pinch of sugar, otherwise they’ll taste a little bitter. Good luck, hon.*If you’re gonna cook the greens by boiling them, do them first, they’ll need a long time to get done. (you might want to add a pinch of sugar to them too) Both need at least 45 minutes to cook, like I said, do it on low. Cook them in separate pots. Frozen beans are fine. Lemon juice? No. If you’re that worried about the “healthy” aspect of it, don’t eat soul food. I guess you could steam the greens, but then you won’t get that good meat flavor in it and they’ll taste nasty.
- Are any of these home remedies for growing hair really effective?
- Q: 1.Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is probably the best way to achieving healthy hair.2.Vitamins B, C, F, zinc, iron, copper and protein are essential for hair growth.3. Brush your hair gently with preferably wooden brushes to increase hair growth.4.Boil 1 cup of celery leaves with stems, strain and add juice of 1 lemon. You canrinse your hair with this after washing your hair. It makes your hair look healthyand lustrous.5.Lavender oil has been shown to increase hair growth so massage the oil once a week and soak for 30 minutes before washing.6.If one wants to grow hair, trim the hair once every month.7.Never brush the hair when it is wet.8.Massage aloe vera gel over the scalp and leave it for about one hour.After this rinse the hair with warm water. It gives amazing results for hair growth.9.Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea helps in hair growth10.Boil rosemary leaves in water and use this water while washing your hair daily to improve hair growth.11.Massaging your scalp vigorously with your fingers promotes hair growth.12.Rinsing your hair with one juiced lemon and one cup of water is said to bringlife and shine back to dull hair.13.Rub olive oil into the scalp to promote hair growth.14.Massage the scalp with egg yolk, leave for 1 hour and wash.15.Brush your hair gently with preferably wooden brushes to increase hair growth. Never brush the hair when it is wet.16.If one wants to grow hair, trim the hair once every month, just the tips will do.17.It is possible that the side you sleep on most grows longer, stimulating the scalp causes good blood flow which help the hair to grow.18.Use flat beer to help prevent spit ends do it once or 2 times a month put it straight on your hair, wrap it in a towel for 1 to 2 hours and rinse out.19.Massage small amounts of fresh or canned coconut milk into the scalp and keep overnight if possible or at least for a few hours. This procedure will help hair grow longer, thicker and also make your hair look soft and shiny.20.Egg is excellent for the hair. It nourishes hair and adds shine. Whip up an egg and apply it to your hair once a week. Wash with a mild shampoo.21.You can try and include a few of these food in your diet to make your hair grow fast. Essential fatty acids are found in oily fish such as salmon and tuna, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. Mushrooms and cauliflower for Vitamin B. Oranges and tomatoes for Vitamin C. Olive oil, wheatgerm and Vitamin E.22.Your hair is what you eat. If you eat correctly and drink enough water, 80 percent of your hair problems are solved. Eat a healthy and a balanced diet rich in protein and minerals. Oil your hair regularly, include a lot of milk, almonds and greens in your diet and drink at least 12 to 14 glasses of water daily.23.Regularly cleaning and brushing the hair is very important. When the hairs are brushed, oil-producing glands in the scalp get stimulated. This natural oil makes the hair healthy.24.You should take plenty of green vegetables, fruits, sprouts, honey, cereals, nuts, grains, milk products, and no cholesterol-rich food in your diet. Eat fish if non-vegetarian or else take soybeans, and raw vegetable salads. Good balanced diet keeps your skin and hair healthy.25.An very effective hair treatment for dull lifeless hair can be made with 1 egg yoke, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and 3 drops Vitamin E oil. Combine these, and apply on scalp and massage well for at least 10 minutes and soak for 30 minutes. Wash out with shampoo.26. Castor oil mixed with almond oil and massaged on regular basis and washed is highly recommended for hair growth.27. Powdered fenugreek 1 tsp, pepper powder 1 tsp and coconut milk 1/2 cup mixed together and massaged on scalp and washed after at least 2 hours is another ancient remedy for hair growth.28. Rub any oil like coconut or olive oil into the scalp and massage for 5 minutes . Wring out a towel in hot water and wrap it on the head, keep it on for 5 minutes repeat the process at least 2 times before shampoo. Or if you have a steamer you can use that in low setting for 5 minutes after oiling and massaging.29. Diet and lifestyle are two major factors that influence the health of the hair. Poor diet, illness and deficiencies of any particular vitamin and mineral affects the quality of hair.30. You should take plenty of green vegetables, fruits, sprouts, honey, cereals, nuts, grains, milk products, and no cholesterol-rich food in your diet. Eat fish if non-vegetarian or else take soybeans, and raw vegetable salads. Good balanced diet keeps your skin and hair healthy.Do you have any success stories? Sorry there are so many! And thanks!http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100106150736AAHvwOm&r=wwhat about this, women’s rogaine?
- A: try hair oil; it really works! put it on at nite before bed and wake up and shampoo it off. usually coconut hair oil works the best but try others to suit ur hair