How old does a baby have to be to eat cereal
A baby should be able to consume cereal by 5-6 months of age. Make sure to avoid cereals that are high in sugar. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-old-does-a-baby-have-to-be-to-eat-cereal ]
More Answers to “How old does a baby have to be to eat cereal“
- How old can a baby eat baby cereal?
- i think you mean cereal like gerber cereal and beachnut i started mine at 4 months i never put it in her bottle because her doctor said not to so i spoon fed it to her. she hated it! but then i started mixing it with fruit and she loved it….
- How much cereal or baby food should my six month old baby be eati…?
- Damian was the same way but I understand why he didn’t want cereal. Have you ever tasted that stuff? It taste like paste. I decide to make it a bit more appealing to him. I started to put smash veggies and fruits in the cereal. It work l…
- Why wont my 8 month old baby eat cereal or baby food??
- Could he be teething? When my daughter teethes she doesn’t have an appetite. Don’t worry, he will eat when he is hungry. As long as he is still getting most of his nutrition from breastmilk or formula, he will be fine.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- when can my baby thats 2 and a half months old eat baby cereal in the formula bottle?
- Q: Hi, my baby eats alot and I want to know if I can add alittle cereal to the bottle.
- A: You should never add cereal to the bottle.http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/addcerealtobottleexpert/***************FYI: When I noticed my daughter sleeping longer through the night I added just a little more formula in her bottle to sustain her longer, not to make her sleep longer though. I just felt that since she was eating 3 oz every 3 hours, that if she was going to go past 4 or 5 hours that she should have 4 oz.
- Why wont my 8 month old baby eat cereal or baby food?
- Q: He used to eat so much rice cereal and jared baby food. Now he will only take the bottle or eat finger foods. I worried that hes not getting enough. Has anyone had this problem? What did you do.
- A: Could he be teething? When my daughter teethes she doesn’t have an appetite. Don’t worry, he will eat when he is hungry. As long as he is still getting most of his nutrition from breastmilk or formula, he will be fine.
- how do i get my 4 mo old baby to eat cereal?
- Q: My pediatrician told me to start my baby on cereal. She said to feed her cereal in the am. and top it off with a bottle. The problem is i have been trying this for 4 days and my daughter screams bloody murder everytime i put the spoon in her mouth. she screams until i give her the bottle. So she is not really eating any cereal. My question is how do I get her to eat from the spoon? Should I try the cereal in between feedings instead of waiting for it to be time for her next bottle?
- A: First, you start off with adding 1 tbsp. of rice cereal to the bottle. You may need to increase the size of the nipple from a Stage 1 or level 1, to a 3 or later stage nipple.Gradually increase the amount of the cereal by 1 tbsp on Day 2 and Day 3.There are also cereal feeders and you can get a cereal nipple that opens up bigger for more solid cereal. You eventually can get it to the point where it is like cream of wheat and use the cereal feeder with the cereal nipple. That is the easiest.