What are 3 good reasons nutrition is important
Unhealthy eating and inactivity cause 310,000-580,000 deaths every year. Unhealthy eating and physical inactivity are major MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-3-good-reasons-nutrition-is-important ]
More Answers to “What are 3 good reasons nutrition is important“
- Why is Nutrition Important – 3 Reasons Why Good Nutrition is So I…?
- If you want to improve your nutrition, there are three things you need to know, to live a longer and healthier life. They are a balanced diet, the nutritional value of your food and the exercise you do. I will explain each of them in this a…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it good to drink milk? The text is too long but worthwhile read….?
- Q: es esta pagina linkhttp://notmilk.com/kradjian.htmlThe most important information dissemination my.Not that, but I can make your text too long jajaja.If I write bad is that I am leading a translator jaja
- A: wow. Looks like you had allot of thought to this. My thoughts to this. People have been drinking milk for positively centuries and millenia. If you like it, drink it. If you don’t, don’t.
- Nutrition homework help?
- Q: 1-how are a chain of amino acids arranged in a fibrous protein such as hair?2-Starch,glycogen and cellulose all consist of chains of glucose molecule, and yet these 3 substances differ form eachother. How would you explain the differences?3– Why is hydrolysis and Condensation important in biology?4- Give 2 reasons why metabolism is important .thx 🙂 alot i really appreciate it
- A: 4) Metabolism is essentially the speed at which our body’s motor is running.The speed at which our body burns calories is called the metabolic rate. It’s how fast your “motor” is running when you’re still in a reclined position or sleeping.About 60-75% of energy is expended by the body at rest in such activities.The metabolism is based on the number of calories we burn throughout the day. Our body constantly burns calories to keep us going whether we are eating, sleeping, cleaning etc. People with a lower percentage of body fat (i.e. muscular) have a higher metabolism than others that are less muscular because muscle uses more calories to maintain itself thanfat. Some people have a slower metabolic rate and have a harder time staying slim. Younger persons have higher (faster) metabolism because of the increased activity of cells. A slow metabolism actually causes to store fat. The slower the metabolic rate, the greater the weight gains.How to build muscles to improve metabolism? What type of exercise is ideal that speed up metabolism so that you burn calories even at rest or sleep? There are simple exercises that speed up the metabolism.Causes for Low Metabolism* Fasting* A low calorie diet* Snacking throughout the day on high sugared foods (candy, colas, cakes, gum).* Eating or drinking too much sugar containing foods.* Lack of physical activity.* Underactive thyroid.Metabolism BoostersThere are some natural metabolism boosters (natural foods) that improves your metabolism. Do not take over the counter pills containing animal thyroid extract that claim to boost up metabolism. These products may have side effects as diarrhea, increased heart rate, excessive sweating, nervousness, tremors, bulging eyes, etc…How to Improve (Speed up) Metabolism* Do not skip any meals* Exercise daily* Build your muscles* Avoid alcohol, sugar, and fastings*Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.*Eat foods with high nutrition values
- How would i write my prewrite with this essay i wrote 5 minutes ago???
- Q: Vegetarianism is a diet that is being adopted by a lot of people since it equated to a healthy lifestyle. There are many claims that a vegetarian diet does not provide all the nutritional needs of a person especially the protein needs. Animals are classified as carnivores, herbivores and omnivores. Carnivores are known as the meat-eaters and they have specialized teeth called canine that could tear through meat. Herbivores eat only plant matter and they have flat teeth that they use to grind plant matter. Omnivores on the other hand eat both meat and plant matter. Humans are classified as omnivores; evidence of this is that humans have both sets of specialized teeth.Vegetarianism is classified into different classes. Ovo-vegetarians do not include meat in their diets but they approve of eggs while lacto-ovo-vegetarians approve of milk and other dairy products and egg. Lacto-vegetarians eat dairy products but disapprove of eggs while vegans follow strict diets that include only food form plant sources. They strictly follow a no-meat diet (Vegetarianism).There are a number of reasons why people choose to be vegetarians. Many adopt this diet because of health concerns but a vegetarian diet must be monitored since some vegetarians diets may prove to be unhealthy such that the person may lack a sufficient intake of some key nutrients and vitamins such as Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, calcium, protein, iron and zinc (Vegetarian Diets).It is recommended that vegetarian diets include a large variety of foods and they must also make sure that their calorie intake is sufficient to meet their energy needs. Intake of sweet and fatty food should be kept to a minimum since these foods have low nutrients but have a high calorie content. Whole or unrefined grains ars recommended. Fortified or enriched cereals are also a good main diet. Fruits and vegetables must always be included since they are good sources of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. If a vegetarian approves of dairy products, he must choose dairy products that have no fat or have less amount of fat. Eggs are however high in cholesterol and egg intake must be monitored. It is however a good source of protein (Vegetarian Diets).In the book Diet for A Small Planet, Frances Moore Lappe indicates how the required intake of protein can be satisfied with a vegetarian diet. He suggests a breakfast that includes one cup of cooked oatmeal that has 5.4 grams of protein and 0.5 ounces of sunflower seeds that have 3.5 grams of protein. A lunch of 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with 7.8 grams of protein and 2 slices of whole wheat bread for 4.8 grams. For dinner, he recommends a cup of cooked brown rice for 3.8 grams and 1.3 cups of broccoli for 6.2 grams and a cup of cooked beans for 15.6 grams of protein. He also recommends other minor sources of protein such as mushroom, carrots, apples, raisins, fruit juice, honey and oil (White and Frank).Vegetarianism may however not be a healthy diet for children. According to Professor Lindsay Allen, director of the US Agricultural Research Service’s Western Human Nutrition Research Centre at the University of California at Davis, not giving children meat during the crucial stages of development is unhealthy for them. Allen said that a no-meat diet for children causes permanent damage since meat provides Vitamin B12, calcium, zinc, Vitamin A and iron, which are crucial for growth and development. She explained that adults adopting vegetarian diets raise ethical and health concerns since adults have already passed the crucial stages of development. Also, adults can replace certain vitamin and mineral intake with supplements. Allen said that giving children supplemental nutrition is too risky (Roche, 2005).In her study with 544 seven-year old children in Kenya over a two-year period, those children that ate meat had 80 percent increase in muscle mass and those that had milk had a 40 percent increase. They also showed higher mental development as they yielded higher test results (Roche, 2005).Vegetarian diets have also become an issue for vegetarians since they have higher nutritional requirements. Such a diet may be healthy for pregnant weapon but they must consult a dietitian to ensure that they are getting all the nutrients that they need. In one study, German researchers discovered that pregnant women following a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet showed low Vitamin B12 levels even if they ate eggs and milk. Vitamin B12 is important for a pregnant woman since it keeps her healthy during a pregnancy as well as keeping the developing child from developing spinal malformations (McVeigh, 2005). It may be noted that B12 is only found in meat sources. Scientists have also discovered that even people not following a vegetarian diet showed a deficiency of Vitamin B12 (Kirchheimer, 2003).Vegetarianism may be a healthy diet since it may reduce the potential of developing certain illnesses. More and more people are adopting this diet. However, extra-precaution must be taken since monitoring the diet of a vegetarian is crucial so that it may be ensured that he/she is receiving a sufficient intake of nutrients. This is extremely important especially for young people and pregnant women who are vegetarians. A vegetarian diet may be a diet as healthy as a diet containing milk but for it to be a healthy planning, it must be planned and consideration must be taken so that the person will have a sufficient intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.ReferencesVegetarianism. KidsHealth. Retrieved July 31, 2008, from http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_fit/nutrition/vegetarianism.htmlVegetarian Diets. American Heart. Retrieved July 31, 2008, from http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4777White, Randall & Frank, Erica. Health Effects and Prevalence of Vegetarianism. p.465. Retrieved July 31, 2008, from < www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1022500>Roche, Ansley. 24 February 2005. Teaching Children Not to Eat Meat: Healthy or Unethical?. Healthy Living. Retrieved July 31, 2008, from http://www.healthylivingnyc.com/article/117Kirchheimer, Sid. 18 June 2003. Vegetarian Diet and B12 Deficiency. WebMD. Retrieved July 31, 2008, from http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030618/vegetarian-diet-b12-deficiency
- A: i’m not going to strain my eyes to read all of that…