What food is high in potassium other than bananas
Foods high in potassium: fresh apricots, avocado, cantaloupe, honeydew, kiwi, lima beans, milk, oranges, potatoes, and spinach. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-food-is-high-in-potassium-other-than-bananas ]
More Answers to “What food is high in potassium other than bananas“
- What are some foods that are high in potassium other than bananas…?
- This should help you and hopefully you will enjoy some of these types of foods: good luck Apricots, dried 10 halves 407 Avocados, raw 1 ounce 180 Bananas, raw 1 cup 594 Beets, cooked 1 cup 519 Brussel sprouts, cooked 1 cup 504 Cantaloupe 1 …
- What foods other than bananas are high in potassium??
- Guava is not just another, but a better fruit than banana. It is not just high in potassium, but also high in Vitamin C and many other nutrients. Specially, the purple Guava is the best. The problem is, it is not readily available in United…
- What foods have a high levels of potassium, other than bananas.??
- Foods High in Potassium Apricots Artichokes Avocados Bananas Cantaloupe Cod Dates Dry beans (i.e. kidney beans and navy beans) Figs Flounder Greens Honeydew melons Kiwi Lentils Nuts Oranges Peaches Potatoes Prunes Pumpkins Raisins Salmon Sa…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some foods that are high in potassium other than bananas?
- Q: I’ve been having problems with charlie horses and cramping up a lot lately. I got one at a really bad time the other day and my girlfriend suggested eating foods with a lot of potassium, but I hate bananas. Any suggestions?
- A: This should help you and hopefully you will enjoy some of these types of foods: good luckApricots, dried 10 halves 407 Avocados, raw 1 ounce 180 Bananas, raw 1 cup 594 Beets, cooked 1 cup 519 Brussel sprouts, cooked 1 cup 504 Cantaloupe 1 cup 494 Dates, dry 5 dates 271 Figs, dry 2 figs 271 Kiwi fruit, raw 1 medium 252 Lima beans 1 cup 955 Melons, honeydew 1 cup 461 Milk, fat free or skim 1 cup 407 Nectarines 1 nectarine 288 Orange juice 1 cup 496 Oranges 1 orange 237 Pears (fresh) 1 pear 208 Peanuts dry roasted, unsalted 1 ounce 187 Potatoes, baked, 1 potato 1081 Prune juice 1 cup 707 Prunes, dried 1 cup 828 Raisins 1 cup 1089 Spinach, cooked 1 cup 839 Tomato products, canned sauce 1 cup 909 Winter squash 1 cup 896 Yogurt plain, skim milk 8 ounces 579
- what is a subsitute for bananas, what other food is high in potassium?
- Q: i really dont like bananas that much
- A: Dried apricots,spinach,tomato juice are a few of my high potassium favorites.
- Other than bananas, what foods are high in potassium?
- A: All meats, poultry and fish are high in potassium.Apricots (fresh more so than canned)AvocadoBananaCantaloupeHoneydewKiwiLima beansMilkOranges and orange juicePotatoes (can be reduced to moderate by soaking peeled, sliced potatoes overnight before cooking)PrunesSpinachTomatoesVegetable juiceWinter squashMODERATE (125 – 225 mg per serving)These foods can be a large part of most people’s balanced nutrition plan. Persons restricting their potassium might be cautioned to include no more than one or two servings from this list per day, depending on their medical restrictions.Apple juiceAsparagusBeetsBlackberriesBroccoliCarrotsCherriesCornEggplantGrapefruitGreen peasLoose-leaf lettuceMushrooms, freshOnionsPeachPearsPineappleRaisinsRaspberriesStrawberriesSummer squash, including zucchiniTangerinesWatermelonLOW potassium (less than 125 mg per serving)These foods give less electrolyte value per serving for people who need to increase their potassium levels.They should be a major part of the menu plan for people limiting their intake.ApplesBell peppersBlueberriesCabbageCranberriesCranberry juiceCucumberFruit cocktailGrapesGreen beansIceberg lettuceMandarin oranges, cannedMushroomsPeaches, cannedPineapple, freshPlums