What is beta carotene used for
Beta-carotene is converted to retinol, which is essential for vision and is subsequently converted to retinoic acid, which is MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-beta-carotene-used-for ]
More Answers to “What is beta carotene used for“
- Do smokers benefit from beta carotene?
- Beta Carotene. Beta carotene in food is found within an oil or a matrix of sugars and proteins, and and, therefore, the absorption of beta carotene by the body varies greatly. Although beta carotene can be converted to vitamin A in the body…
- Why was beta-carotene used as one of the antioxidants in the ARE…?
- The AREDS clinical trial was initiated in 1992. At that time, the AREDS investigators considered the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin to be potentially beneficial for macular health. However, they were unable to include these nutrients in …
- What is Multiple Vit/fe/beta-Carotene Used For?
- Vitamins are the building blocks of the body. They are used to prevent or treat a vitamin deficiency due to poor nutrition, certain illnesses or during pregnancy.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is beta carotene ever used in pharmaceutical products in Europe? (I am not talking about dietary supplements)?
- A: I doubt it. It does not really treat a medical condition…
- beta carotene, i got the pills havent used them yet,they say diet supps,take one after each meal what are they
- Q: I havent taken the pill yet am just curious as to why i tak eone after each meal or something fattening, does it help lose weight?? Im 17yrs old and 240pnds dont look it but am it some advice?
- A: I’ve never heard of beta carotene being diet pills the only beta carotene I know of is Vitamin A and it’s mainly for skin and vision problems.
- How much Beta-Carotene and Vitamin A to take for acne?
- Q: I used to be on accutane and it worked very well for me. After a few months I started to flair up again. Is there anyone that has a routine with vitamins? I just started taking 24,000 ui of natural vitamin A a day plus 100,000 ui of beta-carotene. Is this gonna do anything for me? should I up the dosage? I also take a B complex and vitamin E supplement.
- A: Search the net for ‘natural cures/treatment’ of your skin condition.