What are cells called that protect from infection
Whenever a germ or infection enters the body, the white blood cells snap to attention and fight off the disease or infection. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-cells-called-that-protect-from-infection ]
More Answers to “What are cells called that protect from infection“
- What are cells called that protect from infection
- Whenever a germ or infection enters the body, the white blood cells snap to attention and fight off the disease or infection.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- VACCINES: what do u think about this?
- Q: Toxic Substances Are Needed To Make Vaccines.Vaccines contain many toxic substances that are needed to prevent the vaccines from becoming infected or to improve the performance of the vaccine. Among these substances are mercury, formaldehyde and aluminum. In the past 10 years, the number of autistic children has risen from between 200 and 500 percent in every state in the U.S. This sharp rise in autism followed the introduction of measles, mumps and rubella vaccine in 1975. Representative Dan Burton’s healthy grandson was given injections for 9 diseases in one day. These injections were instantly followed by autism. These injections contain a preservative of mercury called thimerosal. The boy received 41 times the amount of mercury which is capable of harm to the body. Mercury is a neurotoxin that can injure the brain and nervous system. And tragically, it did.In the United States the number of compulsory vaccine injections has increased from 10 to 36 in the last 25 years. During this period, there has been a simultaneous increase in the number of children suffering learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder. Some of these childhood disabilities are related to intrauterine cerebral damage from maternal cocaine use, but probably vaccines cause many of the others. Many vaccines contain aluminum. A new disease called macrophagic myofasciitis causes pain in muscles, bones and joints. All persons with this disease have received aluminum containing vaccines. Deposits of aluminum are able to remain as an irritant in tissues and disturb the immune and nervous system for a lifetime.Nearly all vaccines contain aluminum and mercury. These metals appear to play an important role in the etiology of Alzheimer’s Disease. An expert at the 1997 International Vaccine Conference related that a person who takes 5 or more annual flu vaccine shots has increased the likelihood of developing Alzheimer’s Disease by a factor of 10 over the person who has had 2 or fewer flu shots. When we take vaccines we are playing a modern version of Russian Roulette. We not only get exposed to aluminum, mercury, formaldehyde and foreign cell proteins but we may get simianvirus 40 and other dangerous viruses which can cause cancer, leukemia and other severe health problems because the vaccine pool is contaminated due to careless animal isolation techniques.Congress has protected the manufacturers from lawsuits, so dangerous vaccines simply increase profits at no risk to the drug companies. U.S. children aged 2 months began receiving hepatitis B vaccine in December 2000.No peer-reviewed studies of the safety of hepatitis B in this age bracket had been done. Over 36,000 adverse reactions with 440 deaths were soon reported but the true incidence is much higher as reporting is voluntary so only approximately 10 % of adverse reactions get reported. This means that about 5000 infants are dying annually from the hepatitis B vaccine. The CDC’s Chief of Epidemiology admits that the frequency of serious reactions to hepatitis B vaccine is 10 times higher than other vaccines. Hepatitis B is transmitted sexually and by contaminated blood, so the incidence of this disease must be near zero in this age bracket. A vaccine expert, Dr. Philip Incao, states that “the conclusion is obvious that the risks of hepatitis B vaccinat ion far outweigh the benefits. Once a vaccine is mandated the vaccine manufacturer is no longer liable for adverse reactions.Dr. W.B. Clarke’s important observation that cancer was not found in unvaccinated individuals demands an explanation and one now appears forthcoming. All vaccines given over a short period of time to an immature immune system deplete the thymus gland (the primary glandinvolved in immune reactions) of irreplaceable immature immune cells. Each of these cells could have multiplied and developed into an army of valuable cells to combat infection and growth of abnormal cells. When these immune cells have been used up, permanent immunity maynot appear. The Arthur Research Foundation in Tucson, Arizona estimates that up to 60 % of our immune system may be exhausted  by multiple mass vaccines (36 are now required for children). Only 10 % of immune cells are permanently lost when a child is permitted to develop natural immunity from disease. There needs to be grave concern about these immune system injuring vaccinations! Could the persons who approve these mass vaccinations know that they are impairing the health of these children, many of whom are being doomed to requiring much medical care in the future?Compelling evidence is available that the development of the immune system after contracting the usual childhood diseases matures and renders it capable to fight infection and malignant cells in the future.The use of multiple vaccines, which prevents natural immunity, promotes the development of allergies and asthma. A New Zealand study disclosed that 23 % of vaccinated chilsorry this got cut off go to www.DrTenpenny.com she is an amazing doctor fighting for the right to have a choice. I posted this because I asked another question about getting a waiver and got totally attack by people who think there are no danger in vaccines. So, I posted this to see what people thought of it. I have endless supplies of research for vaccination, and regardless of not having a degree in the med field I feel extremely qualified to make the decision. Sorry about your daughter, its sad that this happens to people that just think they are doing the best they can.
- A: Can I vote for best question? Too bad you got cut off. I wanted to hear the rest. You are right. All of it. The mercury, aluminum, SV-40, the political and legal conflict of interest issues… ridiculous… the Hep B should never have been recommended for newborns. I wish I had met you about 6 years ago. I am not familiar with WB Clarke, but I plan to look into that, too. Here is a case study for you: I allowed vaccines for our first child during the first 6 months of her life. Ignorance is not bliss. She developed severe eczema and terrible allergies, food and environmental, before I realized that there was a causal relationship. She had 12 vaccines in those 6 months, beginning at birth with, you guessed it, the Hep B vax (3 HepB, 3 HIB, 3 DTaP, and 3 Polio). She was 2 hours old for her first injection. She has suffered with eczema all her life, beginning at around 2 months, and many other imbalances followed. Her tiny body was unable to fight infection and yeast problems followed antibiotic use. She’s 5 now and we are beginning to see that asthma may also be an issue in the future. Her immune system is not fully functioning. She is our fragile one, but I thank God that her mind was not affected. We almost lost her once and we pray that the worst is over. We are now supporting her body naturally with organic foods and extra nutrients. Then there’s our second child. She is now 2 1/2 and never seen a vax. She is healthy, robust, and has had 2 colds in her life. That’s it. She has never had any prescription med or antibiotic for anything. Call it anecdotal support.We are very open that we do not vaccinate. Most respect that. At minimum, I want people to know that there is a choice.
- Which of the following infectious organisms is the smallest?
- Q: 1. Which of the following infectious organisms is the smallest? A. Prion B. Viroid C. Virus D. Bacteria 2. What shape is the virus in Figure 18.1? A. Helical B. Cocci C. Polyhedral D. Bacilli 3. In the virus in Figure 18.1, what structure is labeled C? A. Spike B. Envelope C. DNA D. Capsid 4. Which of the following is NOT a way that prokaryotes benefit ecosystems? A. Recycle hydrogen through the ecosystem B. Recycle carbon through the ecosystem C. Produce oxygen through photosynthesis D. Produce carbon dioxide through photosynthesis 5. In a lysogenic infection, once the DNA of the virus is incorporated into the bacterial DNA, the DNA is called a A. prion. B. viroid. C. prophage. D. plasmid. 6. The normal bacteria present on our skin are beneficial becaus A. they fill the niche so harmful bacteria cannot grow there. B. they can not cause diseases in our bodies. C. they open the niche for harmful bacteria to grow. D. they cause minor diseases that are easily treated. 7. A bacteria that is capable of living in an environment with or without oxygen is called a(n) A. obligate anaerobe. B. obligate aerobe. C. facultative anaerobe. D. facultative aerobe. 8. In the bacterium in Figure 18.2, what is the structure labeled B? A. Pili B. DNA C. Plasmid D. Flagellum 9. In the bacterium in Figure 18.2, what is the structure labeled C? A. Pili B. Cell wall C. Plasmid D. Flagellum 10. Bioremediation uses microbes to A. produce carbohydrates. B. clean up pollutants. C. convert atmospheric nitrogen. D. break down food. 11. When used properly, antibiotics can fight A. viral infections. B. fungal infections. C. HIV infections. D. bacterial infections. 12. Prokaryotes provide ________ to humans and other organisms A. habitats. B. antibiotics. C. nutrients D. endocytosis 13. An infectious particle made of a strand of nucleic acid surrounded by protein is a A. bacteria. B. virus. C. viroid. D. prion. 14. Viruses that infect bacteria are called A. bacteriophages. B. helical viruses. C. polyhedral viruses. D. prophages. 15. Which of the following type of infectious agent can cause an infected host cell to burst in a lytic infection? A. Bacteria B. Fungus C. Prion D. Virus 16. When HIV causes a lysogenic infection, it can remain dormant for years. When it becomes a lytic infection, it A. causes no symptoms. B. destroys white blood cells. C. mutates infrequently. D. can no longer cause AIDS. 17. An endospore may survive a drought because it is protected by a A. hollow bridge. B. thick wall. C. plasmid replication. D. plasma membrane. 18. How do humans benefit from bacteria living in the digestive system? A. Bacteria adapt to fluctuations in temperature. B. Bacteria get food and a place to live. C. Bacteria produce vitamins humans need. D. Humans make nitrogen the bacteria can use. 19. Chemicals that kill bacteria or slow their growth are called A. toxins. B. antibiotics. C. endospores. D. plasmids. 20. Misuse of antibiotics can lead to multidrug resistance in A. humans. B. bacteria. C. viruses. D. antibiotics. 21. Bacteria can cause disease to a host by all of the following EXCEPT: A. Invading tissues and attacking cells. B. Making poisons that are transported through blood. C. Producing antibodies to make a vaccine ineffective. D. Making toxins that are carried by blood. 22. A person is given antibiotics to combat pneumonia. After two days, the person feels better and decides not to continue taking the medicine. This could help the bacteria evolve because it A. allows bacteria that were somewhat resistant to live. B. introduces new bacteria into the system. C. increases the number of antibiotics prescribed. D. decreases the amount of bacteria that survive. 23. Using antibiotics when bacteria are not causing an illness may make some bacteria A. avoid the organism beng treated. B. become extinct due to overexposure. C. resisant to the antibiotics used. D. produce fewer toxins that usual. 24. Which of the following is NOT a factor in bacteria becoming antibiotic resistant? A. misuse B. animal use C. overuse D. underuse 25. Prokaryotes benefit plants by A. providing antibiotic resistance to roots B. converting nitrogen into a useable form C. producing carbon dioxide for photosynthesis D. producing endospores for survival
- A: I don’t see any figure 18.1 or 18.2 anywhere??1 B 4 C5 C6 A7 C or D (??)10 B11 D12 C13 B14 A15 D16 B17 B18 C19 B20 B21 A22 A23 C24 B (What kind of stupid question is this??)25 B