What disease can you contract from eating a dead body
There is no info on a disease contracted from eating a dead body. I did find the Ebola virus is spread by eating dead animals. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-disease-can-you-contract-from-eating-a-dead-body ]
More Answers to “What disease can you contract from eating a dead body“
- What disease can you contract from eating a dead body
- There is no info on a disease contracted from eating a dead body. I did find the Ebola virus is spread by eating dead animals.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- would you read my speech?
- Q: so yes, i did just post a qeustion on here about my persuasive speech. but now im finished and i would like someone to read, and tell me what u think! thanks!You’re at home watching T.V., and with every commercial you see, you can’t help but notice how skinny and beautiful all the women are. You want to look just like them, practically perfect in every way. When you look at yourself in the mirror, you hate the image staring back at you. You’ve made a promise to yourself that you will do anything to look just like that woman on T.V., even if it means to stop eating. You develop an eating disorder.The media has a strong hold on the way we see ourselves. They will digitally transform actors and actresses into these god like figures. We all know this, but yet we still try our hardest to look like them. Images on T.V. will spend countless hours telling us to lose weight, be thin and beautiful, and buy more stuff because people will like us and we’ll be better people for it. Yes, we will feel better if we’re thin, but people think eating disorders are the way to become thin. 400 to 600 advertisements bombard us everyday in magazines, on billboards, on T.V. and in newspapers. Eating disorders are not diets! Exercise may be the number one way to lose weight. Exercise will make you feel better and look great. An eating disorder will make unhealthy and could very possibly lead to death. A study be the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders reported that 5 to 10% of anorexics die within 10 years after contracting the disease; 18 to 20% of anorexics will be dead after 20 years and only 30 to 40% ever fully recover. Exercise and eating right are safe and healthy ways to lose weight. How can parents tell their children that its what’s inside that counts, when the media continuously contradicts this message? It is estimated that 8 million Americans have an eating disorder – 7 million women and 1 million men. Statistics also show that approximately 1 in every 100 teenage girls may develop an eating disorder. It may not sound like a lot, but if we add up the numbers, it’s a lot. Who knows how long it will be before those numbers double, or triple?T.V. shows like Americas Next Top Model, make tall, thin, and beautiful the right way to look. That show is very popular, especially among young teenage girls. The average woman model weighs up to 25% less than the typical woman and maintains a weight at about 15 to 20% below what is considered healthy for her age and height. Some models go through plastic surgery, some are “taped-up” to shape their bodies into a more photogenic image, and photos are usually airbrushed before going to print. These body types are not the norm. We need to remind ourselves and each other constantly, especially children, that these images are fake! Do we really want to die to look like Twiggy? This can happen to anyone. Anyone in this room could become anorexic, or develop bulimia, but you can prevent it from happening. Don’t listen to the media. We should all stand up and fight the message the media sends out to us everyday! Don’t let them control the way we see ourselves. You should love yourself and what has been given to you. If your not happy, change it! But do it the healthy way! All I ask is that we ignore the media, and wipe out this horrific epidemic that is sweeping the nation! Thank you.
- A: I’m no expert but it’s an incredible, moving, professional speech. You have a talent.