What is emphesima
Emphysema – noun: a chronic, irreversible disease of the lungs characterized by abnormal enlargement of air spaces in the lungs accompanied by destruction of the tissue lining the walls of the air spaces. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-emphesima ]
More Answers to “What is emphesima“
- A pathological diagnosis defined as the permanent destructive enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles, resulting in loss of alveolar surface area and reduction of oxygen exchange. Scarring of the lungs, usually caus…
- ･ Cigarette smoke damages and ultimately destroys lung tissue. The breakdown of lung tissue leads to the… ･ Difficulty breathing is the first evident sign of emphysema. Unfortunately, by the time you’re experiencing… ･ Emphysema is incl…
- Definition Emphysema is a chronic respiratory disease where there is over-inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs, causing a decrease in lung function, and often, breathlessness. Description Emphysema is the most common cause of de…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- No one cares that the smoke hurts me?
- Q: my dad smokes and since its allergie season and i have asthma…my breathing is even worse then normal. I fight with him all the time that it really hurts when i can’t breath and if he cared he’d attempted to stop. He’s already been in the hospital because of it and has emphesima(sp) — and lately all i’ve been doing is yelling that i just got over a cold and that the smoking isnt helping (my asthma is really seriouse when i have a cold).My mom just looks and never makes a comment when i ask her to talk to him.He’s promised so many times to quite.He did for like a few weeks but at his poker game he started again.I think if hes friends call again i might actually “beach” them out.-i never liked themWHAT DO I DO?!please help
- A: I get it, really. Both my dad and little brother smoke (not around me, but it’s on their clothes when they come inside) and the smell makes me sick. I can’t go on road trips with them because of the smell and just thinking about how gross and sickly their lungs are make me want to puke. There is nothing you can do to stop him from smoking. Trust me. My mom even threatened divorce for my dad, and he siad he didn’t care. Some people are just…ridiculous. SO you have an addiction. BIG DEAL. You also have a family.