Do I need to be concerned if I have an ovarian cyst
Depends on what kind you have. Most functional ovarian cysts go away without treatment. Let us know specifically & we can look. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-i-need-to-be-concerned-if-i-have-an-ovarian-cyst ]
More Answers to “Do I need to be concerned if I have an ovarian cyst“
- Do I need to be concerned if I have an ovarian cyst
- Depends on what kind you have. Most functional ovarian cysts go away without treatment. Let us know specifically & we can look.
- Should I be concerned about a fever with ovarian cyst pain??
- YES go to the hospital again, now.
- What do ovarian cyst feel like? My obgyn was concerned I have one…?
- they feel like severe menstrual cramps with pain shooting through your abdomen, and groin. be careful if they rupture they can cause serious infection which can lead to Pelvic inflammatory disease if you start feeling dizzy or passing out y…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Should I be concerned about a fever with ovarian cyst pain?
- Q: I have an ovarian cyst 4cm large and was in the hospital on asturday for pain. Now I have a fever that isnt going down, along with more pain.Should I be concerned?
- A: YES go to the hospital again, now.
- What are the symptoms of an ovarian cyst?
- Q: My wife is concerned that she may have an ovarian cyst and would like the symptoms described to her so she can be ready for her dr.’s visit.
- A: That’s an interesting question because my girlfriend’s daughter went to the hospital yesterday complaining of “kidney pain”. She described these as “sharp stabbing pains ” in the sides and kidneys. She went to the Emergency Room and after a CT scan they diagnosed her with an ovarian cyst (they also wanted to rule out appendicitis). As a physician, I have seen many young girls with abdominal and back pain who after I ruled out kidney infections with a normal urine test also ended up with ovarian cysts on ultrasound.In addtion, I’m seen a few girls who had screening ultrasounds and ovarian cysts were found “incidently”.So in inconclusion- large cysts will usually cause back or side pain. Small cysts may be asymptomatic. The best plan would be for your wife to describe to the Dr. what her symptoms exactly are and have him/her order an ultrasound/CT scan with some urine tests to help diagnosis her. Good luckbelow is a web site describing cystshttp://familydoctor.org/279.xml
- Should I be concerned with recurrent painful ovarian cysts if I previously lost an ovary due to a L cyst?
- Q: 15 years ago my R ovary became necrotic due to a large cyst (the size of a grapefruit). I had to have it removed and now only have the L ovary. Recently I have had recurrent painful cyst, ammenorhia, L back pain and hormone imbalance. I am 32 years old and want to have another child in the future . I run to the doctor every time I feel pain/tenderness around my ovary. I havent had a period in 2 mo and have tested neg for preg. This is the second time in less than a year that my gyn has tried to “jumpstart” my cycle with progesterone due to missed periods/hormone imbalance. My us revealed a 28mm fluid filled cyst and my instructions are to wait and see what happens. My only concern is that with the first cyst that cost me my ovary, I did not experience intense pain. My doc seems to get irritated that I call and complain with pain in my ovary….but I am worried constantly and dont want to end up in the same situation as before. Should I be concerned, or is this normal? Any ideas plz!
- A: I would seek a new doctor just to give you some piece of mind….you don’t want to take any chances. I know what you are going through…my doctor had basically called me a hypochondriac to my face and needless to say I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy (tubal) and was 4 month along when it ruptured but she kept telling it all along it was normal pregnancy without doing any testing even tho I kept complaining of pain…I lost my whole right tube/ovary….slimming my chances for ever having anymore children as well….that was like 20 years ago and I have never conceived again. Don’t take chances and don’t take no for an answer from your doc….find a different one now to be safe.