How does a laxative work
Osmotic laxatives work by attracting water into the intestines. The water in the intestines cleanses and moves feces through the intestines. Depending on the product. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-a-laxative-work ]
More Answers to “How does a laxative work“
- How Does a Laxative Work?
- Laxatives are taken to help relieve constipation. There are four main types of laxatives that can be used. The four main types are bulk-forming laxatives, osmotic laxatives, stimulant laxatives…
- When should i use laxatives??
- Laxatives. A laxative is a drug that promotes bowel movements…
- How do laxatives work?
- Laxatives work by starting and inducing peristaltic action. Peristaltic action is a wavelike movement that occurs right through the digestive tract; esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon; that helps propel food into the stomach, throug…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does enema work? the “external laxative’?
- Q: Does anyone know what i’m talking about?This medication is a liquid in an eyedrop like tube– its injection into the rectum and helps consitpationso the question is what are the principles behind this –meaning how does it work?
- A: you introduce a irritant to the bowel in liquid form so that the intestine spasms and allows fecal matter that may have accumulated or that is stuck to move along in the lower intestine. you can buy kits at your local drugstore. those red water bottles have a enema attachment if you buy the right (or wrong) one so that an enema can be applied at home. and as weird as it sounds you can find many recipes for health/cleansing online.
- Does ingesting eye drops work as a laxative?
- Q: In a scene in Wedding Crashers, they pour eye drops in a guy’s drink. He drinks it and I think he shits a lot but he does throw up. Is this for real?
- A: There used to be an ingredient in eye drops that could also be used as a laxative, but they have since then removed the ingredient, so no, you would just be ingesting eye drops for no reason whatsoever. If you want a laxative, why not just go to the store and buy a laxative???
- How long does it take for laxative tea to work?
- Q: On the package it says to take it before bed, and you’ll go in the morning. I took it at noon today, so any idea when something will happen? Also, I took it because my stool was way too hard to come out, and only small amounts have been passing for the past few days. I ingested a lot of fiber yesterday to help the process, and drank lots of water… What will it look like when it finally comes out?
- A: It might be purple and have eyes.