Is french bread good for you
French bread contains 115 calories from Fat, 1.7 grams of fat, and 345.3mg of cholesterol. It also contains 4.49g of protein which is good. French bread like all things are probably best in moderation. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-french-bread-good-for-you ]
More Answers to “Is french bread good for you“
- Is french bread good for you
- French bread contains 115 calories from Fat, 1.7 grams of fat, and 345.3mg of cholesterol. It also contains 4.49g of protein which is good. French bread like all things are probably best in moderation. ChaCha on!
- What is the best type of bread to use for making french toast??
- “french toast” French toast is a classic breakfast favorite amongst people all over the world. In Spain, they call them torrijas. The UK has many names for the bread, from “eggy bread” to “french fried bread,” …
- Is this a good french bread recipe?
- HERBED FRENCH BREAD 1/2 c. butter, softened 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated 4 tsp. chopped parsley 1 tsp. oregano, chopped 1/4 tsp. garlic powder French bread Mix butter and herbs thoroughly. Spread on French bread slices. Bake at 450 degree…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I need a good recipe for french bread and Cinnamon raisin for a bread maker. Any suggestions?
- Q: Does anyone have a recipe for french bread or/and cinnamon raisin made in a bread maker? Thanks so much!cookingkay1955Thanks for the great recipes. Lazy sunday can’t wait to get started. Just love cinnamon raisin bread.
- A: I have lots in my cooking group http://groups.msn.com/CookingWithKayCinnamon Twist Bread Yield: 1 pound loaf 6 oz buttermilk or powder 3 tb honey 1 egg 2 tb butter 2 1/4 c bread flour 1 tb sugar 1/2 ts ground cinnamon 1/2 ts salt 2 ts yeast Put all the ingredients in the pan. Start the bread machine. Cover a bread board with plastic wrap and dust with flour. When the machine stops kneading, remove the dough from the container with your hands, leaving the bread pan in place in your machine and close the lid. Place dough on floured board. Dust top of dough and your hands with flour. Pat dough into a 6″x 10″ rectangle. Combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 tsp. sugar. Spoon mixture in three long rows, down the dough. Roll dough into a fat cylinder, left to right, then fold it in half twisting the ends together. Place the dough, ends down, back in the bread machine, close the lid and continue the cycle. be sure to keep the machine closed while you are putting the cinnamon on so any heat in the machine stays in. Work as quickly as possible because the machine still ticks off the time while you’re doing it. I use powdered butter milk, 3 tb and 6 oz warm water. I have left out the egg and reduced the flour to 2 c with great success. I have also replaced the honey with sugar. I have also reduced the amount of sugar in the dough to 2 tb and found it to be sweet enough. In other word, the basic recipe is great, but modifications don’t seem to bother it. Remember, you will be playing with the dough, so don’t worry if the dough is sticky at first, you will be adding some flour when rolling it out.French Bread For The Bread Machine 1 1/2 Cups water 3 1/4 Cups bread flour 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt 1 Tablespoon yeast Add ingredients to bread pan in order recommended by manufacturer Cinnamon Raisin BreadMakes a 2-pound loaf.1 1/2 cups water2 tablespoons margarine4 cups white bread flour1/4 cup granulated sugar2 teaspoons salt1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast3/4 cup raisinsRemove bread pan; attach kneading blade. Place all ingredients, except raisins, in bread pan in order listed. Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in. Select Sweet Bread cycle. Start. Add raisins at the beep, about 32 minutes after starting. Bread will be done baking in the number of hours indicated I like this one also Challah 1 lb1.5 tsp yeast1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp bread flour1/4 cup sugar1/2 tsp salt2 Tbsp + 1 tsp veg. oil2 egg yolks2/3 cup water 1 1/2 lb 2 1/4 tsp yeast2 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp bread flour1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar1/4 tsp salt3 1/2 Tbsp veg oil3 egg yolks1 cup water
- Any good toppings that i can serve with hot (pilsbury) french bread?
- Q: I have the pilsbury french bread that comes in the tubes, you pop it open and bake it, and I want to make a topping that people can possibly spread on it.. whats something interesting that i can make??
- A: I love bruschetta .. its very flavourful + easy . Just dice up some tomatoes , or get canned diced or crushed tomatoe’s , sprinkle some allspice , dill , and rosemary with the tomatoe’s and stir , ( you can use any spices really but these go best ) , than cut your french bread into mini baguettes , and top with your easy bruschetta mixture , than top with cheese , and oven bake just till cheese has melted and the bread is soft and warm .
- Where is a good bakery that has fresh quality bread, such as French bread, close to downtown Elmhurst IL?
- Q: Panera does not count, they leave their bread sit out all day long and it’s stale enough to be a deadly weapon. Jewel and Dominick’s are the same, though not quite as bad. I want nice fresh, soft bread. Any suggestions?
- A: It’s a little outside of Elmhurst, but I do my basic bakery stuff from Food-4-Less. They’ve got a small but good selection of French bread, hoagie rolls and buns. You can get a big loaf of French Bread for only .98 cents a loaf, and it’s sealed up in a bag so it’s not stale. It’s a pretty good grocery store for the rest of your shopping too.