What is best for relieving dry eyes
Artificial tears eye drops, such as Visine tears and Murine Tears, can help relieve dry eyes. Indoors, an air cleaner can filter out dust and other particles from the air, while a humidifier adds moisture to air that’s too dry. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-best-for-relieving-dry-eyes ]
More Answers to “What is best for relieving dry eyes“
- How to Relieve Dry Eyes
- Dry eyes can be caused by a number of factors, including aging, the environment, work conditions, watching television, working on the computer or lack of sleep. Symptoms include discomfort in the eyes, itching, redness, excessive tearing, a…
- How to Relieve Dry Eyes Naturally
- ･ 1 Lubricate your dry eyes with moist warmth. Your tear ducts produce more than just water – they produce… ･ 2 Close the window in the car and don’t let the fan blow directly into your face. Moving air dries… ･ 3 Add some naturally soo…
- What helps relieve dry eyes?
- I have dry eye syndrome and use a gel type of drop at night and use a preservative free liquid type of drop during the day. I also have the drains in my eyelids plugged but since you may not be taking Accutane forever I wouldn’t recommend i…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What will help relieve dry eyes at night?
- Q: This only started a few months ago, prior to that I had no problems with my eyes. My doctor and optician says this is normal, but it’s driving me mad! Can anyone suggest something that may help? I don’t want to use comfort eye drops for the rest of my life!
- A: If you have already seen a doc for this, the next best thing is home remedies. Try gently squeezing ( milking) your tear ducts by pinching them or massaging them. If that doesn’t work try a humidifier. if that still doesn’t work try a wet wash cloth across your eyes a few times a day. good luck. hope this a is helpful.
- What helps relieve dry eyes?
- Q: Im using a prescreption medicine called Accutane for my pimples and one of its symptoms is dry eyes. I have trouble putting my contacts in because it is so dry. What can i do to help relieve my dry eyes?
- A: I have dry eye syndrome and use a gel type of drop at night and use a preservative free liquid type of drop during the day. I also have the drains in my eyelids plugged but since you may not be taking Accutane forever I wouldn’t recommend it. Talk to your eyecare specialist for other remedies that will help you with your contacts. There is a brand that actually helps improve dry eye. I wore them for awhile until even those wouldn’t help. The gel and liquid was recommended to me by my eye care specialist.
- What can I do to relieve dry eyes? What can I do to keep my eyes from drying from using the computer long?
- A: First we need to find out what type of dry eyes you’re experiencing. Believe it or not there’s alot of types out there. Do you wear contacts or does this occur with glasses? For the computer:- use Artificial tears every 1-2 hours to help with the irritation. – blink more often. Computer users tend to forget to blink when they are looking at the screen. Put a post it note on the screen and remind yourself to blink- take breaks every 20 minutes. For general dry eyes:- reduce the fan speed around you or direct away from the face- increase intake of omega-3 and fish oil/flax seeds- drink more water and less caffeineI hope that helps!