What is chrons disease
Crohn’s disease is an ongoing disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, referred to as the gastrointestinal tract. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-chrons-disease ]
More Answers to “What is chrons disease“
- How common is crohn disease?
- Crohn’s Disease. Crohn’s disease is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which involves ongoing (chronic) inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Crohn’s-related inflammation usually affects the intestines, but may occur anywhere…
- What is Chrons Disease?
- My husband has Chrons Disease! It causes ulcers and scar tissue in the intestines! They have medicines for it and the one my hubby was on was called Asacol! It helped him a lot! It pretty much affects adults and kids the same and it is a ch…
- What is Crohn’s disease?
- Crohn’s disease is a chronic illness in which the intestine, or bowel, becomes inflamed and marked with sores, or ulcerated. Along with ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease is part of a group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does anyone who has chrons disease ever feel worthless or like you losing your marbles?
- Q: I have had chrons disease for almost a year. I have been on everything from imple anti intiflaitories to infusion treatments. My body isn’t responding to treatment and I seem to be getting worse with the hemerating and cramping….. What in the world do I do now?? I cant’ take the pain or stress. I can’t even work. I feel worthless. Am I the only one???? Please help..
- A: hi ben, i am a crohn’s pt. for 28 yrs. I truly understand how you feel as I am in a flare myself. Have you tried Entocort, Humira, Remicade, 6MP, or Imuran? Are you on anything for stomach spasms like Bentyl? For abdominal pain Tylenol 3, Darvocet, or Demerol, etc.Definitely tell your GI you want something for the spasms and pain. That is what I did. When one treatment failed, I tried something else.Have you looked into attending a local crohn’s and colitis foundation support group chapter near your? Check out the site, ccfa. It has great stuff ranging from coping skills, diet, surgery, finding a support chapter near you, to learning about the newest apprved treatments. There is also a live chat, a hotline, and an open forum where you can post your questions to others like yourself.Definitely check out the support meetings. I go to the one near me and I have made many friends who truly understand where I am coming from and can relate to the pain and frustration. I try to keep myself busy by volunteering, reading, walking, etc. so I don’t dwell on the negative. Easier said than done at times, I know.I hope you feel better. good luck.
- Will a colon cleansing be bad for someone with Chrons disease?
- Q: I was diagnosed with Chrons disease last year and was thinking about doing a colon cleasing. Is this safe to do without seeing a doctor first??
- A: You need to find a doctor who practices alternative medicine but who is also an MD to ask this question. Try googling it first, something like “alternative health care practitioners with MD degrees.”UPDATE:Peter, I’m sure, realizes that outside the community of conventional practitioners, his answer is controversial. I do agree, however, that colon cleansing wipes out the natural bacterial balance in the colon which is why after a cleansing you have to take a good probiotic with a wide array of strains of beneficial bacteria. It may be contraindicated in Crohn’s sufferers, or it may be the best thing they can do. That’s why you need a medical doctor who also/practices alternative medicine to advise you, and please get first, second and third opinions. Be a partner in your own health decisions.
- Is there a natural way to cure Chrons disease?
- Q: Pardon my misspelling if I did. My mom has Chrons, (Probably had it about 16 years or so, after she had her 2nd child it appeared) She has been on medicine since. But she still has horrible stomach/back pain, painful bowl movements and inconsistent ones. I dont see her getting any help with the medicine. I keep telling her to watch her diet, eat vegetarian or raw foods (I’m health concious and a vegetarian) but I think she sees no point. Now she wants to stop her medicine which I at this point this is best, it’s not helping and probably makes her worse.Is there any sort of natural or herbal remedies she can do?
- A: Chrons is one type of inflammatory bowel disease.Doctors give antibiotics, flammazine, and steroids.I havent heard any case that patient get well with herbal remedies. The medical treatment of chrons takes a long while; but sometimes comes to worsts surgical intervention is the last resort.It takes time and patience before you can see improvement on medical treatment.Wish all the best to your mom.