What is Oxybutynin
Oxybutynin is an antispasmodic. It helps decrease muscle spasms of the bladder and the frequent urge to urinate that they cause. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-oxybutynin ]
More Answers to “What is Oxybutynin“
- Oxybutynin reduces muscle spasms of the bladder and urinary tract. Oxybutynin is used to treat symptoms of overactive bladder, such as frequent or urgent urination, incontinence (urine leakage), and increased night-time urination. Oxybutyni…
- Oxybutynin reduces muscle spasms of the bladder and urinary tract Oxybutynin is used to treat symptoms of overactive bladder , such as frequent or urgent urination, incontinence (urine leakage), and increased night-time urination Oxybutynin…
- ･ Oxybutynin relieves spasms of the bladder and urinary tract. ･ Oxybutynin is used to treat the symptoms of urinary frequency, urinary urgency, urinary leakage, painful … ･ Oxybutynin may also be used for purposes other than those listed…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why would someone take Ditropan/oxybutynin if they have an overactive bladder?
- Q: Doesnt this drug relax the smooth muscles ?Wouldnt that make someone need to void even more?
- A: Its actually the opposite, the muscles of urinary bladder need to relax, the act of contraction makes us void.In relaxed state urine would be stored in bladder, once muscles contract it gets a push and urine comes out and this action is voluntary, that is why we can control voiding.So ditropan reduces spasms of bladder and urinary tract and helps treat overactive blader. http://rnceus.com/uro/index.html , refer to this link and you’ll know the mechanism of micturition.
- Does Oxybutynin have a side effect on sexual activity or dryness regarding sexual activity?
- A: I just read two sites worth of info on that med and there was nothing about any sexual side effects. But each med is different depending on the person so if you are having negative side affects….I would call your doctor and see if there is an alternative you could use.
- How long does it take Oxybutynin to work?
- A: you can look it up on here missy`http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682141.html