Why does heat relieve pain
Heat therapy increases blood flow, which helps to decrease stiffness, relaxes sore muscles, and provides soothing comfort. Heat should not be used on areas of swelling and bruising. If swelling occurs, use ice, then apply heat after the swelling goes away. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-heat-relieve-pain ]
More Answers to “Why does heat relieve pain“
- Why does heat relieve pain
- Heat therapy increases blood flow, which helps to decrease stiffness, relaxes sore muscles, and provides soothing comfort. Heat should not be used on areas of swelling and bruising. If swelling occurs, use ice, then apply heat after the swe…
- How Does Heat Relieve Pain?
- Heat therapy works in several ways to give you the sense of pain relief. But heat does more than make you feel better; it actually helps to heal the injured tissue. Heat therapy dilates blood vessels in the area in which it is applied. The …
- How does infrared heat therapy relieve pain?
- FIR heat relieves pain by expanding blood vessels and increasing circulation. Better circulation allows more oxygen to reach injured areas of the body and helps reduce pain and speed up the healing process. The Far-Infrared Sauna Dome and V…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What should I did to help to relieve back pain when heat make it worse?
- A: You should use ice and heat,alternating between the two,15 minutes of each,end with the ice.
- Which is better for relieving gout pain heat or ice?
- Q: I already take apple cider vinager and it does help ALOT. Cherry juice didn’t help me. But for some reason the last few days it has been quite bothersome. Thought while I watch tv I would put ice or heat on it. Any thoughts? Thanks
- A: * Drink a bunch of water, I mean a lot! This will help flush the uric acid. * Take Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) – This will help reduce inflammation.* Keep drinking the Cherry juice, it will help but not immediatelyAll these things will help you get over gout but if you continue to suffer, then you’ll need to get more help from your doctor.
- Can cold compress relieve menstrual pain?
- Q: I planning to conduct a reseach on “Difference of menstrual pain relief time comparing cold and hot compress.Heat intensifies menstrual pain. Why?Why not cold compress is used to menstruation. It also relieves pain.
- A: warm compress relieves my menstrual pain as the pain is a result of clogged blood making passage so when you warm compress you are melting the clogged blood resulting in a smooth flow.