What can I do to get rid of a yeast infection
Products such as Monistat 7, Vagistat, and Femstat all use one of four active anti-fungal ingredients and can be bought OTC. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-i-do-to-get-rid-of-a-yeast-infection ]
More Answers to “What can I do to get rid of a yeast infection“
- What can i do to get rid of a yeast infection?
- Hey king kong, first of all, DON’T use yeast infection medicine! I can’t believe all these people. You said it stings/burns when you pees– that is a strong sign of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).. it’s easily treatable– just go to the do…
- How to get rid of a yeast infection?
- Vaginal yeast infections mostly are caused by the Candida albicans fungus. You are more likely to get an infection if your body is under stress from poor diet, lack of sleep, illness, or when they are pregnant or taking antibiotics. There o…
- Does eating yogurt get rid of yeast infections?
- Yogurt can help prevent or treat yeast infections by introducing additional L. acidophilus to the system, which keeps Candida (yeast) in check. Once you have a yeast infection, it may be more beneficial (if messier) to apply yogurt directly…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to get rid of yeast infection without going to the doctors?
- Q: I’m 16, and am pretty sure I have a yeast infection. I don’t live with my mom, and I don’t want to tell my dad to go buy anything and I can’t drive. I think it’d be weird to tell anyone to go buy anything for it.. So what could I do to cure this or if you have to buy something what do you get for it? Help please. I don’t want it to get worse.
- A: I understand not wanting to talk to your dad about this but since it is a normal thing that can happen to all women, you shouldn’t feel shy about it. You can pick up an over the counter treatment at Walgreens or such, I have heard that drinking a lot of cranberry juice can help flush it out. Another thing I heard of is inserting plain yogurt in the vagina, theory being that the yeast cultures in the yogurt will kill off the yeast in the vagina. It wasn’t easy getting in there first of all, keeping it there, so I didn’t have much luck. Here is an article that I ran across that might be beneficial for you. It has a lot of good advice like not wearing tight clothes, cotton underwear, and keeping a healthy diet and such. Give it a glance over and reconsider approaching your dad.
- Can’t get rid of yeast infection in my dog’s ears?
- Q: I have a black lab/border collie mix, he constantly has infection in his ears, I clean them use the medicine and wash and have had them flushed twice which can get expensive. The vet said it is common in this type of dog and it could be allergy too, which I think so because he has really itchy dry skin on his back. I just don’t know what to do to help him, should I change his food? I have been to two vets they both just say to give benedryl. But it doesn’t really work, and I feel bad for him scratching at himself all the time.The ear medication I used was called Mometemax drops and also used a cream, I cant remember the name but it was in a pale green tube. Also use Oti Calm cleansing solution.
- A: Ask your vet to try him on a 3 week course of Ketoconazole ( oral anti – fungal) It’s expensive,but it works wonders.Also,have you tried pulling his ears back? Use a men’s tube sock,cut the end off and slip it over his head ( you may have to secure it with some athletic tape) This will get the air circulating in his ears and help to kill the yeast.Feed him yogurt (plain,unsweetened) everyday,and add at least 2000 mg. of salmon oil to his food every day. Benedryl may stop the itching,but it doesn’t kill the yeast.May I ask what ear medication you use?Hmmm…Has the vet cultured the discharge from the ears? Perhaps a different antifungal agent is needed.You may also try a rinse of 1/3 white vinegar,1/3 witch hazel and 1/3 dostilled water,in addition to the sock/headband treatment.Have you ever used Panalog? It seems to do the trick,or ,you could even try Monistat ( yes,for vaginal yeast infections.) Clean the ears with the vinegar/witch hazel solution,let dry well,and massage a little of the Monistat cream into the ear canal.It won’t hurt the dog;I did a search;here are a few links for you.http://animalpetdoctor.homestead.com/Ears.htmlhttp://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art29091.asphttp://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dogear.htmlhttp://www.dermapet.com/articles/moeet.htmlGood luck in treating this frustrating problem.
- What’s a good way to get rid of a yeast infection? And do I have one?
- Q: It seems like every time after I have sex (usually a couple times a week, around the weekend), it burns a little when I pee, and I get itchy up there. This happens every time and it’s very annoying, should I be concerned?Also, what are some nice ways that I can get rid of a yeast infection (if it is one), without going to the doctor?
- A: well with a yeast infection you usualy get white cottage cheese looking discharge. and it usually makes your skin around your vagina itch. i would try using something like ky gel next time you are sexually active to reduce some of the friction and if youve been using laytex condoms you could be allergic to the laytex try a laytex free condom with some added lube see it that dont help oh and if your condom have spermicide in them then theres your problem some times bc can cause this try just washing with a warm soapy wash clothe right after sex and see it that wont sooth some of the itching