What is the best way to cure cold sores
Docosanol 10% cream Abreva is the only OTC product that is known to decrease healing time. Apply 5 times daily. Thanks ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-way-to-cure-cold-sores ]
More Answers to “What is the best way to cure cold sores“
- Docosanol 10% cream Abreva is the only OTC product that is known to decrease healing time. Apply 5 times daily. Thanks ChaCha
- It should be almost gone by the time school starts, even if you do nothing. There is no over-the-counter medication or home remedy that cures cold sores. Only time will take care of that. But there is a good prescription medication for cold…
- Symptoms vary depending on the stage of the virus, the initial or primary outbreak, and recurrence. Both herpes simplex viruses 1 and 2 produce similar symptoms, but they can differ in severity depending on the site of infection. More than …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best way to cure cold sore?
- A: put some aftershave on it, it burns like hell but works.
- what is the best way to cure a cold sore????
- Q: HELP my 1st day of school is only next week & I need an EASY QUICK and CHEAP way to cure my cold sore thanks p.s. i need some thing without a prescripton
- A: It should be almost gone by the time school starts, even if you do nothing. There is no over-the-counter medication or home remedy that cures cold sores. Only time will take care of that. But there is a good prescription medication for cold sores. It will make them go away much faster, and as a result of taking this medication you will have far fewer outbreaks of cold sores.The absolute best treatment for cold sores is a prescription medication in pill form called Valtrex. It was intended for genital herpes, but cold sores are caused by the same family of viruses, and Valtrex stops colds sores in their tracks. None of the other treatments come close to the effectiveness of Valtrex, not the ointment Zovirax, and certainly not Abreva or anything else. Ask your doctor about it to see if you would be a good candidate for this medication. My doctor prescribed it for me for cold sores about five years ago and after taking it only a couple of times I hardly ever get a cold sore any more, and before Valtrex I was having several attacks a year. On the rare occasions that I do get one now, it is gone almost immediately when I take the medication – in about a day. In the meantime, here are a couple of informative links.http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/cold-sores-topic-overviewhttp://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/aches/cold_sores.html
- What is the best way to cure sore colds?
- A: It’s best to treat it early, when you feel the area “tingling”. I’ve used Zovirax, but I find that Tea tree oil/cream works wonders and it’s completely natural. The Body Shop sell tea tree oil, just dab a little on the area with some cotton wool.