What are the chances of getting pregnant on ortho tri-cyclen Lo
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo is 99% effective when taken consistently and correctly. Thank you for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-chances-of-getting-pregnant-on-ortho-tri%26%2345%3Bcyclen-lo ]
More Answers to “What are the chances of getting pregnant on ortho tri-cyclen Lo“
- Is there more of a chance of getting pregnant while on Ortho tri-…?
- I was on it for years and never got pregnant. As soon as I was off it, I got pregnant twice.
- What are the chances that my girlfriend is pregnant while using O…?
- It’s not unheard of… Women get pregnant while on birth control. It rarely happens though…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the odds of getting pregnant while on your period with Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO birth control?
- Q: Can someone tell me the chances of getting pregnant on the last day of your period while on Ortho Tri-cyclen LO. Please serious answers only… I start back the active pills today.. thanks.. SERIOUS ANSWERS only..Please
- A: When used correctly, hormonal birth control is about 99% effective (typically 95% because most people don’t use it correctly). And that includes the week that you get your period, when you are off the pills, or taking the placebos.You have a period during that week because the estrogen and progesterone you have been inundating your body with the previous three weeks is no longer in your body. That stimulates your body to shed the uterine lining (progesterone maintains that lining). There is no egg, because estrogen is at an all time low during this off-pill week. Chances of a pregnancy are very very low.
- If I have unprotected sex while on Ortho Tri-cyclen lo, what are the chances of me getting pregnant?
- A: I know lots of people preg on the pill..especially if you took any antibotics/antihistimines etc that reduce the effectiveness of the pil.l
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo question?
- Q: This is my first time taking birth control and my doctor prescribed me Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo because she said that it had the least amount of side effects. Well, I’m still in my first month and am on the dark blue pills (the third week, one week before I’m supposed to get my period). On Monday (Day 2 of the dark blue week), I started spotting, which I thought was normal, but then WOOSH! My period got so heavy and was painful! My periods without being on birth control were medium on day 2 and stopped by day 4, so I have been blessed with light and regular periods my whole life. I know this is only my first month on birth control, but I can’t take these cramps and heavy flow. I’m on day 4 of my “period” this week and it’s not getting any lighter. I have to wear a super tampon and change it every 3 hours because it soaks through. I have never gone through so many tampons in one period!!! Ok, but now for the question.. lolI called my obgyn and she said to keep taking the pills normally. She said that I’ll get another peiod next week and that will be what my period “should be like” while I’m on this pill. I haven’t had any other problems with this BC. No side effects, no weight gain, my hardly there acne is completely gone; I actually think I was falling in love… but not anymore! How do I know if the dose is too low? I’m going back to my obgyn in a week and am thinking about being put on one with a higher dose. But, I’m afraid that she’s going to tell me to wait it out for another two months. HELL NO! I have never had this much pain in all of my life! And now I’m being a total b*tch because of this and everyone knows it. Should I wait it out? Has anyone had any experience like this on Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo? How do I know if I need a stronger dose or not? Also, if by any chance I decide to wait it out (which doesn’t look likely, but just in case), what are the chances of getting pregnant? Do you know anyone personally who got pregnant while on Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo? I heard because it is a low dose birth control, that some women can get pregnant. I don’t want to hear that 99% of people don’t get pregnant on birth control… I’m talking about this specific one. Sorry for all of the questions, but I’m new to this. lol Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
- A: I know you don’t want to hear it, but you should wait it out. 1 month isn’t long enough for any BC to regulate your period, even if it’s the high does ones. Getting 2 periods in one month sounds awful, 1 is bad enough, but I’d try your best to stick through it. The low dose ones are actually a lot better for you, and this should be a one time thing. I’d follow your doctors advice and try and get through the month, then your periods should actually be a little bit shorter and lighter than they have been in the past, so you can look forward to that!Also, I’ve known lots of girls on the low dose, and none have gotten pregnant while on it. I’m personally on the regular dose of tri-cyclen and I’ve also had no problems with it. From everyone I’ve talked to the low dose doesn’t make you any more likely to get pregnant, so I wouldn’t worry too much :)Good luck!