Why do I have to wait until my missed period to take a pregnancy test
Because missed periods are the 1st sign of being pregnant. Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant 6 to 8 days after you ovulate. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-i-have-to-wait-until-my-missed-period-to-take-a-pregnancy-test ]
More Answers to “Why do I have to wait until my missed period to take a pregnancy test“
- Why do you have to wait until you miss your period to take a preg…?
- you have to wait until you have missed you r period to take a test as this is when hormone levels are detectable by the test that you use.
- Do you have to wait until you miss your period to take a pregnanc…?
- no you can take one as early as 6 days before your missed period do you not watch T.V that first response commercial is one like every fifteen minutes. oh and the only pregnancy test that will do that is FIRST RESPONSE you cant get a differ…
- Should I wait until after I officially miss my period to take a p…?
- You can have a positive pregnancy test a few days before your missed period. All it needs to detect is the level of hormone hCG.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- should i wiat until i miss a period to take a pregnancy test?
- Q: last month me and my bf recieved the news im prego.i took 4 preg test and all came out positive and went to the clinic positive test there to. but shortly around the end of the month wat looked liked my pd. was on so went to the emergency room and went to see if i m preg why is my pd on it? they took a preg test and it said i wasnt pregnant! i was in shock ive been to the doctor and everything all ready. so now me and my bf have been back at trying and i think i did it right around my ovualation date. if my last period was on the 28th shouldnt my ovualation b aroun this time to? and should i wait to miss a period to take a test?
- A: Yes, you should wait. Testing earlier is a waste of good pregnancy tests. It’s only a percentage of women who can get an accurate result before then.
- When will a pregnancy test show up?
- Q: Here is my situation. I had unprotected sex about two weeks ago. The past week I have had the following symptoms; mild nasea on and off, a discusting taste in my mouth like I’ve been sucking on batteries, tender nipples, and I’m really tired. I think I’m pregnant and I couldn’t be happier about it if I am!!!My question is when can I take a pregnancy test? My period isn’t due until the 2nd of April, but I want to know NOW so I actually took a test yesterday…thinking that it is probably too early. It came out negative. But why do women have to wait until their missed period for it to show up….especially if I’ve possibly been pregnant for almost two weeks? Could it mean I’m not pregnant since it came negative or should I try again in a couple weeks. ??
- A: Even if you are pregnant, you will not get a positive test until after your period is due, so the only thing to do is wait until April 2nd. There is no way to know when you are 2 weeks pregnant, most people find out when they are at least 4 weeks. It sounds like you might be because of your symptoms.Do not suck on batteries!!!!Good Luck 🙂
- How Accurate are pregnancy tests?
- Q: I am 4 (almost 5) days late on my period, and took the Clear Blue test today and it said “not pregnant” but is it too early to detect? If so, then why do they tell woman to wait until their missed period to take the test, seems as if, a lot of woman get negative results, before they get positive ones. How long should one really wait after her missed period to take the test? How many woman have taken tests early and got positive results? Just wondering the various cases, I am still new to this! 🙂 Thanks ladies and mommies!
- A: They are the same as the ones used in doctors offices. Maybe it was too early? Wait a few more days (use the morning urine since it contains the most hormones) and if it is still negative then there is your answer but if you don’t believe it then go to a clinic and have them do one.