How do i stop gossiping
When Is It Gossip And When Is It Acceptable Conversation? “The difference is in motive and accuracy.” – Ephesians 4:15 MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-i-stop-gossiping ]
More Answers to “How do i stop gossiping“
- ･ 1 Watch out for patterns that surround gossip. You have to allow your subconscious to recognize gossip… ･ 2 Stop gossip in its tracks and stop the places that you are prone to gossip. If you know that getting… ･ 3 Saying to a friend t…
- Well, you could wait until all your friends get fed up and start avoiding you like the plague. But if you want to be proactive, you’re simply going to have to learn how to keep you mouth shut. Think before you speak — and embrace the belie…
- You basically have diarrhea of the mouth and can’t stop talking about stuff that’s none of your business. I suggest you find something that interests you and keeps you occupied. Once you have a life, you won’t need to live through the dysfu…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can I stop gossiping and judging people?
- Q: How do I stop gossiping? I have a gossiping and judging people problem and I need to know how to stop. Please help.
- A: I feel you. I used to be a big gossip and was constantly hating on people for living their life (sometimes still do). And I would always do it around specific friends. I had whole friendships where all we did was talk about people at school. “Can you believe what she was wearing? Can you believe what he came to the party with HER? Her hair looked like two cats got in a fight.”THINGS YOU CAN DO:1. Realize where this gossip comes from. Usually gossips and those who judge are people who are unhappy with their own lives. Make yourself happy and you have no need to be looking at other people’s lives. 2. Rent the movie Mean Girls. Funny and true. 3. Sometimes gossip and making fun of people is fun and it happens when you get around certain friends. I made a pact with my other gossipy friend that we don’t talk about other people for 30 days. And surpisingly we had a lot of fun and our friendship was actually more meaningful becuase we were doing fun stuff instead of making fun of other people doing fun stuff. Make a pact with your friends and see how long you can go without talking about people behind their back. Put a wager on it if makes it more fun. Like the losers have to pay $10 or something. It might feel stupid to say “I don’t talk about people anymore.” It can be tough to five gossiping up becuase it helps you bond with your friends but you have to stand up for what’s right sometimes. Also if this doesn’t work, get new friends. 4. When you are saying something, think about how it would make you feel if someone was saying it about you. 5. Also realize that when you are hating on someone, deep inside you are really jealous of them and wish you were as brave as they were to take risks and be themselves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXC0bQZ2zZIIgnore the green eyes monster6. Also recognize that sometimes spreading gossip makes you feel important. I would get a kind of high whenever I was able to be the first one to tell people that “So and so is pregnant and she doesn’t know who the dad is!” Think about more productive things you can do that will make you feel good and bring attention to you. Hope that helped.
- How can a person stop gossiping?
- Q: How can a person stop gossiping? I hate it when people do this but I get caught up in it when I speak to people who do it, which annoys me more than anything! It’s stupid, pointless, and just plain wrong. So, how can a person stop this? Keep in mind that not talking to these people is impossible. They don’t listen and find ways to talk to me anyway. Anyone have ideas?
- A: If you are at work, simply excuse yourself by saying, “I’d love to chat, but I have work to do. With this economy I don’t want to be seen as the office slacker!” or something like that.They will get the message sooner or later that you are done with that sort of thing. The rest is just a matter of will power!
- How can I control myself with gossiping, stop?
- Q: I’m a high school girl, so there’s obviously a lot of gossip going around the hallways lolI NEVER bad talk good people. Unless I know first-hand that someone is bad, I don’t gossip…But I still need to stop! I’ll forget how gossiping with someone is essentially trusting them and I’m a blabbermouth! It’s just a bad habbit I need to drop because it always goes around. Can anyone please give me some advice to stop gossiping altogether?
- A: Try avoiding the people who are the gossip starters. I know it may be difficult but thats really the only way you will be able to stop yourself. You will grow out of it its just harder when your younger we all like drama as teenagers.