What are good ways to fall asleep if you have a lot on your mind
Do something to free your mind . Read a book, do word puzzles, go for a walk. Sometimes I will imagine falling into a deep hole. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-good-ways-to-fall-asleep-if-you-have-a-lot-on-your-mind ]
More Answers to “What are good ways to fall asleep if you have a lot on your mind“
- What are some good ways to fall asleep when you have a lot on you…?
- usually when my mind is thinking about what i need to do or what i would like to do before im trying to sleep i just tell myself that ‘its 10pm (or whatever time) im in bed and there is nothing i can do about it now, so go to sleep!’ if i d…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are some good ways to fall asleep when you have a lot on your mind?
- Q: i have a lot of things to do before i move and the stress has been keeping me from sleepingevery time i lay down i just think about all the packing and how much i’m going to miss my boyfriendwhat are some good tips to keep my mind from wandering and fall asleep?
- A: usually when my mind is thinking about what i need to do or what i would like to do before im trying to sleep i just tell myself that ‘its 10pm (or whatever time) im in bed and there is nothing i can do about it now, so go to sleep!’ if i dont listen the first time i repeat the thought and add that rest will better help me to make decisions and its time to sleep
- What is a good way to hep you fall asleep?
- Q: Well lately i have had a lot of stuff on my mind so i try and lay down at like 10 but i lay there until like 1 or 2 then i get up at five and this is not fun it is so bad that lately i have been counting sheep to fall asleep and i get to like 50 and im out know any good at home remdedies?
- A: 1. No alcahol! Many users are suggesting some wine before bed, don’t do it! Alcahol disrupts REM sleep, which is vital for mental health and physical well being. Your sleep will be less recuperative.2. Careful with prescription drugs, many of them are addictive. 3. Calcium every night helps your body relax, and is just generally good for you!4. Classical conditioning: Save your bed for sleep and sex only. Don’t watch TV, read, etc in bed. It may be annoying, but reconditioning your body to only sleep in bed will train your mind to sleep faster when you get into bed. 5. Don’t watch TV as you go to bed, the images stimulate the brain and keep it awake & active- it may seem like you’re getting to sleep faster, but you will probably stay up longer with the TV on than without. 6. Some herbal remedies: A strong tea of scullcap or valerian (I prefer scullcap, valerian tastes icky), lavender, lemon balm, hops, and oatstraw will help. Scullcap/valerian are both nonaddictive sedatives, the other herbs all help with anxiety. They need to be taken nightly to really be helpful. To brew a medicinal tea, pour boiling water over the herbs, cover the cup to prevent steam from escaping, and let steep 20-30 minutes. Sweeten with honey, if you’d like. 7. As you go to sleep, fantasize about something you’d like, or a peaceful woods. Create an engaging daydream and lose yourself in it. If nerves are keeping you up, this will help settle you enough to sleep. Good luck!
- Are there any ways to help someone who can’t fall asleep at night?
- Q: I am having trouble falling alseep at night. I just lay there with a lot of things on my mind and I can’t seem to fall alseep. I have tried to not think about things and I have not gotten anywhere… So I was woundering if there is anything that I can try that will maybe help me sleep at night?I have talked to a thearpist but that has not helped and my doctor gave me medicine to help me sleep but it is not helping at all.
- A: just try drinking 2 or 3 beers .it will help you relax.