What is the fear of height called
Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings. Acerophobia is the fear of sourness. Go figure [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-fear-of-height-called ]
More Answers to “What is the fear of height called“
- What is the fear of heights called?
- Fear of heights is called “Acrophobia”. It is a pretty common phobia.
- What are the fears of: heights, the dark and being forgotten call…?
- If you mean phobia-wise, they would be called Acrophobia (heights), Lygophobia (darkness), and Athazagoraphobia (being forgotten). However, not all fears are phobias and in the case of a fear that isn’t life hindering, it would just be call…
- What is Fear of Heights?
- The fear of heights also referred to as acrophobia or altophobia is one of the most common phobias and is an extremely distressing condition. This irrational, persistent fear of heights may occur when you have to climb a flight of stairs, u…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is fear of height called?
- A: like a phobia?Acrophobia is the fear of heights(that’s me)
- Fear of heights what is it called and..?
- Q: What is a fear of heights called?Any ideas how I can get over it (except go somewhere really high)I have it really bad.Any answers appreciated!Best wishes;Paula-xOh yeah I remeber its called acrophobia!
- A: Hi Paula.Fear of heights is called “Acrophobia”.It can be dangerous, as sufferers can experience a panic attack in a high place and become too agitated to get themselves down safely.As far as treatments, there have been a number of promising studies using virtual reality where the subjects are virtually exposed to extreme heights. You can ask your doctor or therapist about it, it is prevalent throughout the states.Hope I’ve answered your question.Good LuckDr. Tom B.
- What is the name of the fear of jumping off a great height?
- Q: myself and other people i know suffer from a fear of heights, but its not that we are scared of falling off cliffs for example but scared of jumping off. I know that a fear of falling off heights is called ‘acrophobia’. But what is what i’m talking about called??
- A: Catapedaphobia is the fear and anxiety which people face when they have to jump from either high or low lying places. The symptoms of Catapedaphobia typically include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, etc.The fear is attributed to some incident or mishap which occured while taking a jump either from a high place or a low lying place. The mishap could leave a marking impression on the brain and thougt process and the person start fearing from such jumps. This fear could also occur when someone else is performing the jump and undergone an accident. In this case the suffering person watches this incidence closely and responds erratically after seeing it.Catapedaphobia is known by a number of different names. – Catapedaphobia – Fear of Jump – Fear of Jumping – Fear of Jumping from High Places – Fear of Jumping from Low Places – Jump Fear – Jump Phobia – Jumping Fear – Jumping from High Places Fear – Jumping from High Places Phobia – Jumping from Low Places Fear – Jumping from Low Places Phobia – Jumping Phobia – Phobia of Jump – Phobia of Jumping – Phobia of Jumping from High Places – Phobia of Jumping from Low Places