What is a sty on the eyelid
A:A sty is defined as a circumscribed abscess caused by bacterial infection of the glands on the edge of the eyelid. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-sty-on-the-eyelid ]
More Answers to “What is a sty on the eyelid“
- What is a sty on the eyelid
- A sty is defined as a circumscribed abscess caused by bacterial infection of the glands on the edge of the eyelid. ChaCha on!
- How to Treat A Sty On Your Eyelid
- ･ 1 Remember that sty’ s will usually go away on there own. There are a few things you should never do… ･ 2 Get a cold towel if your eye begins to itch. Let it sit on your eye to reduce the itch. ･ 3 Wash your eye with a warm towel. Do th…
- How do you get rid of a sty on your eyelid?
- They have a over the counter remedy conveniently called Sty. I had one once and it worked well – It is a bit goopy so I would only use it at night.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- eyelid sty/mole?
- Q: I have had this thing for years. I haven’t bothered to get it removed. I wonder what it is exactly. I have heard of a sty on the eyelid, but they are supposed to go away eventually, and I have had this thing for a long long time. Does anyone have/had this, and how much does it cost to remove it? How do they prevent poking/cutting the eyeball?
- A: Go talk to your doctor about it. If it’s a mole, they aren’t that bad to have removed. They “freeze” them off now-a-days. It would probably be more sensitive than removing a mole off a finger, arm, or wherever, but I doubt it would be that bad. Call up a dermatologist and ask them about it.
- I have a sty in my eyelid (not on it) it started out swollen and I applied ice to it for a few days…..?
- Q: the swollen part went down but the sty is still there. What should I do to make this sty go away? Should I apply hot or cold to it?
- A: These are very common and happen when your duct becomes blocked by bacteria. However, you’ll want to use warm to allow the duct to open. The best thing to do is to use a warm wet cloth and apply to your eye every few hours for about 15mins each. I normally held the cloth on my eye when I went to sleep as well. I’m unsure if you’re a man or woman, but refrain from wearing any eye make-up as well. It will take a few days to heal and may even get a little itchy while it does. Try to refrain from touching. Feel better soon.
- what is the best way to remove a sty?
- Q: i have a small sty on my eyelid. what is the best way to get it removed? it has been there for about 3 months now and it is getting larger to where it blocks part of my vision. thank you in advance.
- A: I cannot imagine a sty being around for three months. Usually they go away in about a week. I would suggest using a hot compress on your eye to see if it shrinks or comes up to a head. If that doesn’t work, you’ll probably have to go see a doctor, but I don’t know how much they could actually do for it. Good luck!