What is the phobia of dentists
Dentophobia is the fear of dentists. Odontophobia is the fear of teeth or dental surgery. Thanks for using ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-phobia-of-dentists ]
More Answers to “What is the phobia of dentists“
- What is the phobia of dentist?
- How to Cure Dentist Phobia – Stop Your Fear of Dentists?
- You know that you need good dental care but unless you can stop your fear of dentists it will cause you to keep putting off those appointments. You want to keep your teeth in tip top condition but your dentist phobia means that you positive…
- How to Cure Dentist Phobia ?
- You know that you need good dental care but unless you can stop your fear of dentists it will cause you to keep putting off those appointments. You’d like to have a great smile, but your dentist phobia means that you positively dread having…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Extreme phobia of dentists – gotta go see one in an hour!?
- Q: I fainted yesterday morning at ten to 6, and landed smack on my face, and have nearly knocked out two of my front teeth. I have to go to the hospital to have a destist check them over, but chances are i’m going to need to have the teeth pulled and implants put in. I’m TERRIFIED. I HATE dentists so much – I get violent, and last time I went, despite being about 16, I laid on the floor and screamed and cried until I had to be escorted out of the building. I know that it’s an irrational phobia, but I can’t get over it. I’m absolutely dreading this – I don’t know what i’m going to do. Does anyone have any advice or guidance on how I can do this?
- A: I am sorry you had this happen. But,you need to know something. Dentistry has advanced so much since you were 16,you are probably gonna say to yourself,what was I so afraid of? I hate to even tell you this,but the numbing medicine they put on your gums or wherever the problem is,the med is so good it numbs so you won’t feel it. It is your mind,I know,because my mind flips me out.I have learned to breath a nice long breath,open my mouth,close my eyes, and relaxing all muscle is a must.If you tighten your muscles,it also will tighten up your face muscle. That mean he has tight mouth muscles to go through for the numbing. He will tell you everything he does. But,for your own peace of mind.Relax,breath during it all,and it will be done before you know it. I don’t know if he has smelling gas ,but if so,you will have no choice but to relax!!! 🙂 You know your being irrational,then leave your irrational at the door.
- My friend has a really bad phobia of dentists?
- Q: Okay, my friend is really, really scared of dentists. She had a bad experience with dentists when she was young and now she refuses to go to one. But, recently, she chipped her front teeth again (she already chipped them before when she was little), so she finally went to the dentist because her teeth hurt so bad.The worst thing is, on top of everything else, while she was there they told her that she needed some root canals, braces, and all her wisdom teeth removed. Of course, she is panicking really badly now. What should I do to try and help her feel better? I’m worried that she will always be in pain if she doesn’t go.
- A: I am in the same boat. Tuesday morning I have to get all four of my wisdom teeth pulled plus two molars.Plus I need to get my cavity’s filled and I also have chipped front teeth from a bike accident when I was in 4th grade.I have not been to a Dentist in 25 years. But like everyone else said have her get on the laughing gas or be put under totally. If I can’t take the novacaine shots I will be put to sleep. Have her find a dentist or surgeon who has the device called The WandThat is supposed to be painless injections if that is her fear like mine. She should not worry about getting them pulled. I went through alot of pain when my wisdoms came through. That lasted for a month. Now I got a molar that is so bad that I can’t eat a sandwich without being in pain.The pain will convince her to go just like mine did eventually.
- i have a phobia of dentists and…?
- Q: i have what they call tartar on my lower front teeth, is there any way of gettin this off without going to the dentist, i brush, floss and use mouthwash twice a day but it still wont budgeplease help meits only a bit of tartar just above the gum, not loadsbut i dont want it to get worse and i have no other problems with my teeth
- A: You really need to see the Dentist. Teeth if not properly treated can cause some major health problems. Things are better now at most dental offices, it really isn’t that bad. Good luck to you on this.