How do you milk a breast by hand? MORE
Be sure the hand forms the letter “C” and the finger pads are at 6 and 12 o’clock. Push straight into the chest wall. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-milk-a-breast-by-hand%3F-more ]
More Answers to “How do you milk a breast by hand? MORE“
- How to Hand Express Breast Milk
- ･ 1 Gently massage each breast to make the milk flow more easily. Stroke down gently toward the nipple. ･ 2 Place your thumb flat against the dark skin around your nipple (areola) and cup the rest of your hand… ･ 3 Express your milk until…
- Does anyone know if 2nd hand cigarette smoke inhalation has any a…?
- Highly unlikely. Even the studies regarding whether it’s harmful to anyone are pretty questionable.
- Can I use my hand to express my breast milk, instead of a manual …?
- Hand expression is the most convenient method of expression. You will get better with practice.･ Place your thumb flat on the upper edge of your areola, and cup the rest of your hand under your breast. … ･ Imagine that milk is coming from…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Expressing milk by hand?
- Q: I want to learn to express breast milk by hand. I have found pictures on the web showing how to do it, but I cant get the hang of it. Does anyone have any tips, advice, or know of a website that helped you learn.
- A: Have you tried applying some heat to your breasts first?Also, do breast massage in small circles from the outside of your breast in towards the nipple before you start trying to hand express. (Kind of like a breast exam.)Try nursing first and then hand expressing after the feeding. This might help you get the hang of it, since you will have already had a letdown for the baby.Place thumb and index finger on either side of the nipple, about 3 to 5 cm (1-2 inches) back from the nipple. Press gently inward toward the rib cage. Roll fingers together in a slight downward motion. Repeat all around the nipple if desired. http://www.lactationinstitute.org/MANUALEX.html
- Does anyone know if 2nd hand cigarette smoke inhalation has any affect on breast milk ?
- Q: I’d like to go out clubbing one of these days but am still b-feeding. With all the cigarette smoke that I will be surrounded will any of it have an affect on my breast milk ?
- A: Highly unlikely. Even the studies regarding whether it’s harmful to anyone are pretty questionable.
- Hand expressing breast milk?
- Q: I’m trying to build up my supply, so I allow my baby to nurse and hand express (because pumping gets me nothing)in between feedings, but the stream of milk is very thin and I get only about an ounce in 10 minutes. Is the stream of milk supposed to be thick and how long does it normally take to collect 4oz or more?
- A: The stream of milk will be thin. It comes from a very small opening. Hand expressing is going to take a LONG time to yield 4 oz. I suggest getting a different electric pump. I can get 4 oz. in about 15 minutes.