Is constipation common in early pregnancy
Constipation is another common early symptom of pregnancy. An increase in progesterone causes food to pass more slowly through. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-constipation-common-in-early-pregnancy ]
More Answers to “Is constipation common in early pregnancy“
- How common is constipation in early Pregnancy – Did you suffer wi…?
- I’m 6 weeks pregnant, and I’ve been suffering with this for the past 3 weeks. It’s completely normal. Annoying, but normal.
- Is it common to feel constipated in early pregnancy??
- My wife has had 8 children, is a mental health counselor with a masters degree and she says YES!
- Is constipation an early symptom of pregnancy?
- Yes it is. according to the mayoclinic.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How common is constipation in early Pregnancy – Did you suffer with it?
- Q: Usually you can set your clock by my bowel movements ,but yesterday it was a bit stop and start , (did 3 across the day, little kinda hard ones – sorry TMI) and today, nada.???I am only 7 or 8 dpo. Is this a normal side effect if one has conceived?
- A: I’m 6 weeks pregnant, and I’ve been suffering with this for the past 3 weeks. It’s completely normal. Annoying, but normal.
- Pregnancy and constipation?
- Q: Is constipation common in early pregnancy? Can I use any laxatives? I’m about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant now.
- A: constipation is a common condition that occurs during pregnancy. some women are already prone to constipation to begin with, and pregnancy tend to worsen that.better try loading up first on water, fiber, fruits, and natural fruit juices, eat more veggies, and abstain from too much meat. have lots of prunes and raisins.if your condition doesn’t improve the natural way, then consider laxatives: one site says that Metamucil and FiberCon and stool softeners (such as Colace) are the only kinds recommended for pregnant women. but check with your doctor first.hope this helps:)
- Constipation in early pregnancy?
- Q: Hey guys, Im not preg yet to my knowledge, im about 7DPO or so.BUT as ever, analysing a littele!Basically,i have been really constipated since Thu/Fri, and couple of my newly pregnant friends said they were too before they found out – so annoyingly its got my 2ww brain going!I thought that would be too early to be honest??Have any of you experienced that as i know it is common but wondered if im right in thinking this would be too soon to tell??Thanks guys xHey, i know its early but im human – been trying for a fair while now and on fertility treatment so couldnt help but wonder if anyone else experienced this thats all – so be kind pls :-)I eat lots of fruit, veg, salad and fibre, little red meat and i go to the gym 3-4times a week and cycle every day to and from work – about 4miles.Oh i also have been taking my Movicol Sachets and Colac tablets, i was prescribed a while back – not working days in and in the past when i was struggling – (TMI), it cleared me out really quick – but days later barely anything! Arggh!
- A: Your story sounds just like mine. I was 3 DPO and i felt like i needed to go but couldn’t, then 7 DPO i was starting to get desparate. I went to the chemist and asked for somethig that was safe to take during pregnancy (just in case i was) and they gave me COLOXYL tablets. They are a laxitive but also have a softner in it. It is perfectly safe to take. I’m now 7 weeks pregnant and i am still taking them every few days, i have never been this constipated in my life!! Good luck and yes this was my very first symptom. Baby dust to you…