What are the factors that contribute to disease
THE QUEST for an understanding of how genetic factors contribute to human disease is gathering speed. Most notably,the draft MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-factors-that-contribute-to-disease ]
More Answers to “What are the factors that contribute to disease“
- What are the factors that contribute to disease
- THE QUEST for an understanding of how genetic factors contribute to human disease is gathering speed. Most notably,the draft MORE?
- What other factors contribute to heart disease risk??
- ･ Individual response to stress may be a contributing factor. Some scientists have noted a relationship … ･ Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure, cause heart failure and lead to stroke. It can contribute …
- Are there other factors that may contribute to Periodontal diseas…?
- There are a number of important factors that may contribute to Periodontal disease. These factors may or may not include: a genetic predisposition, some prescription medications, diabetes, pregnancy, stress, smoking, grinding or clenching t…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are some of the risk factors that contribute to babies being born with klinefelter’s disease?
- A: http://www.mamashealth.com/syndrome/Kleinfeltr.asp
- Do you realize that cholesterol DOES cause heart disease?
- Q: Lots of data is available. But the facts are that high cholesterol is a contributing factor in heart disease. The connection was first noted by the Framingham study. Then you have many trials such as MRFIT, ALLHAT, and JUPITER. In fact, the JUPITOR trial was stopped early because of the overwhelming evidence that Crestor ,the cholesterol lowering drug (statin) in the trial was preventing heart disease and therefore deaths and morbidity at a significant rate compared to the controls. Statins are HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors which inhibit cholesterol build-up. Statins have other benefits, such as anti-inflammation, but it is well established that these drugs lower cholesterol. There are other ways to lower cholesterol and heart disease besides statins too, such as stopping smoking, niacin, etc.Then you have autopsy studies showing cholesterol deposits in arteries that where narrowed in the coronaries (heart). Heck, even Leonardo DaVinci noted this in the late 1400’s or early 1500’s on his autopsies.The facts are there for all to see. There are of course other causes of heart disease, but high cholesterol is WELL ESTABLISHED as a cause of heart disease.Finally, there was that Russian figure skater who died at age 28 from a heart attack. He had extremely hugh cholesterol levels in his blood stream and high cholesterol deposition is his arteries. What cholesterol does is build up on the endothelial walls of your arteries. This cause an inflammatory reaction. A plaque builds up with a clot formation. The clot breaks off and causes a heart attack.Those that don’t understand these facts are simply wrong…”flat earth” society types, who are those that still believe the world is flat despite all the evidence that the world is round. This is analogous to those who don’t believe that high cholesterol is a cause of heart disease despite all the evidence that it does. Just looks at all the data from the scientists and researchers! Study after study can be found.Again, it is high cholesterol that is the problem. Normal cholesterol levels are needed to synthesize testosterone, estrogens, and bile acids. LDL lipoprotein deposits cholesterol in your arteries, that is why it is called “bad cholesterol” HDL lipoprotein takes away cholesterol from your arteries and take it to the liver to be metabolized. This is why it is called (good cholesterol” If you really want to ge the facts first hand, go visit a professor that does cholesterol heart disease studies and ask him the facts.Again, it is high cholesterol that is the problem. Normal cholesterol levels are needed to synthesize testosterone, estrogens, and bile acids. LDL lipoprotein deposits cholesterol in your arteries, that is why it is called “bad cholesterol” HDL lipoprotein takes away cholesterol from your arteries and take it to the liver to be metabolized. This is why it is called “good cholesterol” If you really want to get the facts first hand, go visit a professor that does cholesterol heart disease studies and ask him the facts.
- A: You are absolutely right. But you need to clarify contributes to cause. But I know what you mean. high cholesterol is one of many causes of heart disease. I have worked in a medical research hospital where all the studies have been looked at, and indeed, high cholesterol is a major cause of heart disease, but is one of several factor involved.
- Hi i have some homework about heart disease please help?
- Q: 1. Most peopleno when they are going to have a heart attack. true or false2.how many people die a minute from a heart attack?3.Because the body doesn’t make cholesterol, it is wise to consume a diet that contains a modest amount of cholesterol. true or false4.What has been fighting heart disease for over ? yrs.5.Does heart disease have a cure?6.Do men and women have the same heart attack signs?7.Low blood pressure can reduce the risk of a heart attack?8.Most people who unknowingly suffer from heart disease will die of a heart attack true or false9.Most people know that they have heart disease before they have a heart attack?10. What is the number one killer in women?11. HDL is a major contributing factor for heart disease? true or false12.Statin drugs were shown not to be beneficial for people with high cholesterol? true or false
- A: You can find stacks of relevant information in web searches for “heart disease facts” and “heart disease information”.