What are the side effects that fleas do to dogs
Adult fleas bite the host animal, sucking blood and sometimes, transmitting diseases and/or other parasites (e.g. plague, cat… [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-side-effects-that-fleas-do-to-dogs ]
More Answers to “What are the side effects that fleas do to dogs“
- Does garlic prevent fleas on dogs without any harmful side effect…?
- No, it does not. For the dog to ooze any detectable amount of garlic from its pores or have any detectable amount in its blood, you would have to feed it in such a large amount it would be toxic – garlic can be toxic to dogs in large amou…
- What are some possible side effects of using chemicals to kill yo…?
- I used sargeant gold on all 3 of my dogs and 1 was fine. My other two started drooling and acting funnny. Both developed a rash. Lethargy and covulsions you have to watch out for to. If you notice any signs of mild things such as excessive …
- What are the side effects of Zodiac Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs …?
- Avoid contact with skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Anyone experienced any neurological side effects with Advantage Flea control that put on neck with dogs?
- Q: I want to know if anyones dog has had side effects such as inability to use back legs properly, lethargy and rapid breathing from putting Advantage (not advantix) on them for flea treatment. If so pls advise what happened and if vet believed it was the problem or not. Advantage and my vet do not believe that the product is capable of causing those problems although I have spoken to several people who have had the same experience.
- A: Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. It is probably unlikely that previous Advantage Flea control use is the cause of the seizures but it is probably possible.It is always hard to figure out what is causing seizures and many times it is impossible to do so. That leaves a lot of room for guessing at causes. If become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.Jason Homan
- What can I do to stop fleas on my dogs?
- Q: I have two chihuahua’s. Male and female. Male is 1 1/2 years old and female is 2 years old. Both have been fixed. I gave them front line and have tried all the other flea medications that are out there. They work for about 2 1/2 weeks. I live in a large complex with a lot of dogs. Does any one know what I can do for them in the mean time. I can only put flea medication on them once a month. I don’t want to give them the new flea pill that’s out now because I’m afraid of the side effects.
- A: Get your carpets, soft furnishings, floors etc sprayed to get rid of any in the household. If your dogs are still getting fleas then the fleas have become immune to Frontline.I give x2 brewers yeast tablets and x1 garlic pearl daily….never had fleas on my dogs in 20 years ( live on a farm and have a training centre with 100 plus dogs a week coming)Neem oil is also very good
- What to do after shampooing K-9 Advantix from dog?
- Q: We are having a very heavy flea infestation. After applying Frontline Plus continuously every month since a puppy (she is now 20 months old) it did not take care of the problem. Switched to K-9 Advantix three days ago and dog is having bad side effects; hyperventilating, not sleeping during the night, not eating all food, scratching producing hot spots. I plan on removing the product today with Dawn Liquid Detergent as suggested by manufacturer. After removing product what can I do to keep fleas off pet. Vet’s office said not to apply anything for two weeks. In the meantime, if I do that I will have a flea infestation in the house. Advantix vet tech said I could apply another product immediately will have no adverse effect. Any suggestions on what I can do? I don’t want the dog to suffer from fleas and don’t want to infest my house. And, I am afraid to wait two weeks without the dog having any protection. She is a Bichon Frise (white) and can see fleas jump on her. Treated lawn twice in a month and still have fleas.
- A: After many years of trying nearly all of the products, I find Revolution works the best. My dogs (breed)are super sensitive to chemicals, but have had no problems with Revolution. Call around your vet clinics and ask them if they carry it. The first treatment is often given for free as a promotion.Where has it been all my life! Great product.