What do Omega 3’s do
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA fatty acids (Omega-3 fatty acids) may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-omega-3%27s-do ]
More Answers to “What do Omega 3’s do“
- What are the health benefits of omega-3?
- Omega-3 (Omega 3) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in oil from certain types of fish, vegetables, and other plant sources. These fatty acids are not made by the body and must be consumed in the diet…
- What do omega 3’s do for you?
- its good for ur skin and hairr
- Do almonds contain omega 3’s
- Almonds have only a trace amount of omega 3 fatty acids. Walnuts are a great source of omega 3s. Thanks for using ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does Olive Oil and Omega 3’s help your heart?
- Q: what does the oils help do to the heart is what i’m tring to ask.like poly- unsaturated fatsandmono-unsaturated fats.what do they do for the body/heart?
- A: Omega oils, which is healthy fat, are absolutely essential for the body. This healthy fat insulates the body in winter, acts as a shock absorber for the internal organs and the joints, keeps the skin glowing and supple, and helps in the absorption of hormones and vitamins.Omega fatty acids are found in grains, vegetables, and fish. But when you eat too much meat, eggs, and dairy, you get the saturated unhealthy fat. This accumulates in the body, making you obese, and clogs the arteries, causing strokes and heart attacks.
- Omega 3’s and dog’s skin, nail, hair health?
- Q: Does Omega 3 help the dog’s skin, nails, hair, teeth, etc?Last month I HAD to change my dogs from a Fish and Potato flavor food to the same formula but a Chicken and Rice flavor because I literally could not find the fish flavor anywhere and they needed food. Just in the last couple weeks I noticed one of my dog’s nails getting a bit brittle and I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing for fish to chicken and taking away some of the Omegas. Just wondering what everyone else’s take on it is.
- A: Yes, it does.Chicken is very low in omega 3 but high in omega 6.Go get a liquid supplement from the pet store and blend it in with their food daily.
- How much Omega 3 for ADHD?
- Q: Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to have a very positive effect in children with ADHD, and to aid concentration and behaviour in general.There are plenty of off the shelf brands available but most have very small amounts of the active ingredients.Does anyone know what the suggested daily amount of DHA & EPA is for children to safely target ADHD this way?Also – any recommended brands??Many thanks in advance would love to hear about your experiences with kids/ADHD/Omega 3’sCheersJames
- A: blackmores and the reccomended dose is 1000mg twice daily all the best